Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2022 Whitman Red Book

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 841Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community

United States
20201 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  08:11 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Usually that book comes out in April. This is April. Anyone hear if it is out yet? Everyone going to buy one? I have all of them from 1 to present.
just carl
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15189 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  08:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are already out , I saw them at the recent show that I went to .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
United States
3923 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  08:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I pick one up every two years--a year to go for me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5230 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I only buy a Red Book every 5 years.
I don't need one for prices since the prices are out of date by the time it's printed.
I just use it for a quick reference for issues I'm not familiar with.
My current one is a 2018; I'll get a new one next year.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Learn More...
United States
99225 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1287 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I already bought one, eBay has them for sale at $9.09 + $4.50 shipping

eBay item number:333941527259

Edit: to add proper punctuation
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Edited by Dearborn
04/15/2021 1:36 pm
Valued Member
United States
416 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought about buying because my last was 2020 and this one is the 75th Ed. which, as a collector, struck my collecting brain, but I don't think I will after all

I think I'll wait a few years until more stuff is put out by the USM to look at in the book. Likely 2026 so that the Morgans, Peace, .999 commems, US 250th birthday coins, women quarters, platinum tree, new ASE and AGE, and anything else they choose to release in the next couple years will be there. At the moment I think it's too early in this new release cycle for me to buy another book
Valued Member
United States
244 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been buying MegaRed each year. They are incredible resources.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
568 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My last Red Book is 2017.

The 7th edition of Mega Red is coming out June 8th (according to Amazon). I've been looking forward to that as it has the expanded edition of dollar coins.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20201 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  09:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Odd that when I went to Amazon web site they didn't show the new ones yet. Or did I mess up trying. I'll go look again.
just carl
Learn More...
United States
33113 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  10:24 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@carl, google " Amazon Red Book 2022"
Show your support of the Coin Community Family (click here)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2235 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, went to my local Barnes & Noble today to get a Littleton 1938-1961 Jefferson nickels folder, and saw a bunch of 2022 Red Books stocked.

So, of course I had to take a look. I was very happy to see them FINALLY correct the values for 2009-P and 2009-D Nickels ($3 in MS-63, $5 in MS-65) to something more reflective of their true value. Previous editions had them at .30 in MS-63, and .70 in MS-65, just slightly more than the generic .25 in MS-63, and .50 in MS-65 that common-date modern Jeffersons are valued at.

The 2009-P and 2009-D Dimes, however, didn't get any adjustments from the generic $2 in MS-65 value - maybe in the 2023 edition, perhaps?
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Edited by John77
04/17/2021 6:50 pm
Learn More...
United States
99225 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I keep saying I need to get a Mega Red, but have not bought one yet. Perhaps I should make that my next one.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10953 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't bought one in a few years...ever since I moved away from being across the street from a Hobby Lobby and could leverage the 40% coupon.

It's time to add another, and possibly the Mega. I haven't bought one of those since the first edition.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3389 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I keep saying I need to get a Mega Red, but have not bought one yet. Perhaps I should make that my next one.

Don't wait too long. The Mega Red Book is so heavy they'll all eventually be dropped and won't stop falling til they hit the center of the earth. At a point in the future you'll only be able to get them at the center of the earth
Pillar of the Community
United States
4859 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2017 is perfectly fine for me. The prices don't really matter and I don't particularly care about the new releases, so I mostly just use it as a quick reference for specs, mintages, and relative values. It might be a good idea to follow PNWType's lead and wait till 2027 or so.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 841Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05