Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

USPS Suspected Theft! 2 Morgans@!

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 54 / Views: 2,640Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  06:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SuperPoacher74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Westernsky, I asked the same thing to the postmaster. I said why are they selling signature confirmation required if they're not requiring a signature or at least leaving a note in having the recipient pick it up at the Post Office... I also asked the postmaster about the Carrier if he had any prior issues and he said no..?
A Carrier says he put it in my mailbox.. I honestly don't feel it was stolen I've never had an issue and neither have any of my neighbors. If it was stolen it was by the mail Carrier. It was scanned the postmaster said at 6:21 a.m. when it left the Post Office. That's the last time it was over in the system.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5910 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  12:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
675 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RPT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These issues are bound to happen since the USPS no longer honors signature confirmation.

I can't believe the USPS isn't responsible under these circumstances.

They also should be responsible when you have a hold mail and they still deliver.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2952 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the last time the package was scanned was 6:21 AM at the post office, why does the package note it was delivered at 4:56 PM? It takes a scan of the package to stop the clock on the delivery. Ask your postmaster what is the GPS location of the scan that took place at 4:56 PM to stop the clock. If the 4:56 PM scan is at a location that is not your address, that is where you need to look for your package.
Learn More...
United States
33175 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just spoke with eBay and they assured me I was 100% covered under liar protection
I want to know how to get THAT protection.
Show your support of the Coin Community Family (click here)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3397 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, the scan part makes 0 sense. When the mail carrier scans a package it leaves a GPS trace, so if he/she scanned at base there is a GPS trace, if he/she scanned it at your house there is GPS trace. Unless one hacks the system, you can't scan it drop it off at your mailbox and scan it.

Also I agree with several posters, when it says delivered you are out of luck. You can do a pay/pal or ebay case or if you paid with a credit card you can fight it that way, but once its marked delivered you are out of luck.

There has been good advice given. Create a lost package case, get a police report. File a claim with paypal/ebay.

Don't blame the mail carrier unless you have proof.
Learn More...
United States
33175 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It could scanned at the mailbox, but not put in the mailbox...
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17335 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It was scanned the postmaster said at 6:21 a.m. when it left the Post Office. That's the last time it was over in the system.

If that was the last time it was in the system, where does the 4:56 delivery time come from? That would requite another scan. If it was scanned at 4:56 they should know where that scan took place. Does that location match your house? If it wasn't scanned than how can they say it was delivered?

And Ebay's rule that if it shows "delivered" the seller is off the hook was a good one pre-covid because it kept scammers from getting their coin and then demanding a refund for non-delivery. (it was one of the few seller protections they had.) Now that the post office is no longer getting signatures does make it more problematic.
Gary Schmidt
Edited by Conder101
04/17/2021 08:50 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
5910 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OP...

I'm dealing with a missing one today. USPS informed Delivery website shows it is on the truck and "Out For Delivery" at 8:34 this morning. Started watching for the carrier about 11am.... the carrier drive up to the mail box at 12:54, opened the box and placed mail in the box. She was driving away as I got to the curb. Opened the box, mail inside but no package.

Caught the carrier 2 houses down and asked her about it. She said there was no package for me on her truck. I showed her the Informed Delivery page showing it is "Out For Delivery". She gave me the supervisors number. I called the supervisor and she's supposed to be looking for it and is supposed to call me back. Still waiting. So frustrating! I feel your pain.

UPDATE!

The supervisor called about 30 minutes later. She found my package on another local route, got the two drivers hooked up, and my original carrier then made the delivery towards the end of her shift! If I had not inquired the package would have most likely not been delivered until Monday. Kudos to the USPS for taking the extra steps to resolving this today!

The coin in the package was a late date (1879 to 1891) lower mintage circ strike Seated Half. That's a 13 piece set I've been working on for a number of years.

Edited by westernsky
04/17/2021 8:45 pm
Valued Member
United States
138 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  03:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reedbeard08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to hear this has happened...I'd also be really frustrated at the lack of attention to detail this shows. Tracking numbers seem unreasonably unreliable, so I'm hoping that it's just a problem with the system. Let us know if you receive them; hoping for you!
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  05:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SuperPoacher74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well after some more digging I finally got it out of the supervisor that the letter Carrier never actually scanned the package when he said he put it in my mailbox like he said he did which is why therevis no GPS trail. So as far as I'm concerned it never made it into the mailbox.. I spoke with eBay at length yesterday and they assured me that because it was not signed and they could see it was a signature confirmation pkg. that I will be refunded in full of I ask them to step in.
I hate to be that guy but in out alot of $$
& I feel it was the sellers responsibility to insure such a valuable pkg which he did not.
This is not my fight!
Its just a bad situation.
I also filed a police report, In filed a lost package claim with USPS.. It's not much more I can do at this point.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17335 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I hate to be that guy but in out alot of $$
& I feel it was the sellers responsibility to insure such a valuable pkg

Yes, that is why you get insurance, to protect the SELLER. The seller decided to "self insure". You can usually get away with it, but every now and then it will rear up and bite you. Some sellers will even keep an insurance fee in their shipping fees. If the fees collected exceed the payout for losses they make extra profit. If the losses exceeds the fees then the fees reduce the out of pocket loss.

Some buyers get upset because "they paid for insurance and didn't get it" But as long as the seller makes good on losses they DID get their insurance. The insurance fee just went to the seller instead of the Post office.
Gary Schmidt
Learn More...
United States
33175 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  09:51 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
the letter Carrier never actually scanned the package when he said he put it in my mailbox like he said he did
So I don't believe he put it in your mailbox.
United States
49 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add apcol258 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This may still not be as easy as it sounds. The postmaster has told you that it was never delivered. Thus you should be entitled to a refund from the seller, but if the tracking is still showing it as delivered (even though USPS verbally admitted to you it wasn't) the eBay claims system will likely default to the seller based on the tracking scans alone. I would see if USPS can amend the tracking history to show that this item was never actually delivered and is lost
Learn More...
United States
99412 Posts
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 54 / Views: 2,640Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05