Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1958 100 Francs Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 379Next Topic  
Valued Member
United Kingdom
108 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  10:36 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SueCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Sue again.

This is probaby my first non US / UK I wanted to know about. I used it carefuly to test my dads weird instruments. I weighed it at 6 Grams and it was a really ancient looking German Brass measuring thing confirmed it's diameter.

Seems to be the only French coin he had so I wondered is it collectable?

Sue

I am improving picturing but with my eyeglass it has a 'R' inside an incomplete circle on the face side and the name "R COCHET" on the side with Wheat.

*** Edited by Staff to clarify topic title. Titles are important! ***
Valued Member
United States
338 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Suecoin, yours is indeed a collectable French coin, and it only has the wing privy mark next to the date. It is a better coin, and the Krause catalog has it listed about 12.00 dollars. The R Cochet I believe is the coin designer initials.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
108 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SueCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much mrwhatisit! I also got told off by the Moderator about my very poor quality Subject line so I followed his/her link and understand how to construct a Subject line :)

Sue
Valued Member
United Kingdom
108 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SueCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi from The Sue.

I did have more French!

I found these and hopefully they go with the 100 Frank I already posted.
Hopefully mrwhatisit is prowling the Digiverse and can give an opinion.

Sue :)

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4653 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1994 is well circulated and not worth much.

The 1952 coin I would say is collectible based on its age and condition. It is still a common coin, worth no more than a couple of pounds, but there is a market (I have sold some similar coins on eBay)
Valued Member
United States
338 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with tdziemia your other 2 french coins, though I think they are nice coins in general.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
108 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  1:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SueCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah I thought this was French because I didnt know the Frank was also Swiss.
Since you two are out of bed..
This is in beutifull condition.
Am sure I hit my 6 picture limit but..

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4653 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Again, it can be considered collectible because it is a 50 yr old coin in nice condition, but it is not very valuable. You can always check eBay for the value of modern coins like yours. FOr instance, here is a link to an eBay sale of the 1958 100 francs coin in well circulated condition. https://www.ebay.com/itm/France-100...363232815241
In my opinion, yours might get a price about 3X this due to the nice condition.

Unlike most other European coins from 1971, your Swiss 1/2 Franc can still be used on your next ski trip to Switzerland, since they are still on the Franc.
Edited by tdziemia
04/19/2021 10:51 am
Valued Member
United States
401 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  2:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add willieboyd2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My grandparents lived in Chicago in the 1950's and my grandfather was a salesman for a French company.

In 1956 his company sent him and grandmother to Paris for a two-month tour of western Europe. They flew from the US to Paris and back to the US.

I was eight years old then and my grandmother gave me the French coins she brought back.

I was fascinated by the "foreign" coins.

One of them:

France 100 francs 1956
Copper-nickel, 24 mm, 6.0 gm

https://www.brianrxm.com
The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
Coins in Movies and on Television
The 1949 San Francisco Mexico Peso Restrikes
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 379Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05