Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Honest Opinions Of 1986 Silver Eagle Question.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 455Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
582 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  2:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I purchased this the other day, Was wondering what you the more experienced would pay for something like this,
Im not asking to resale it, I'máasking what would have been like a max price you would have paid. I think I did fair enough but not sure and after some answers I tell you how much I paid for it.

Images are from seller not mine.

And oops put in wrong area sorry about that.{edit}
Edited by Eyez
04/15/2021 2:11 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1131 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I used to think that I might like toned coins, but having a few in-hand I decided it was not for me. And as a result, won't pay a premium for it.
Considering that, a good price for this coin would be around $30-$40.
Edited by NumisEd
04/15/2021 2:16 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2215 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No more than a couple of bucks over spot.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1709 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

No more than spot, not attractive to me
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1957 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
No more than spot, not attractive to me

I'll take all the 86's in BU condition you have for spot! That said, Seeing it is the first year of issue they are popular and easily sell for 40$ apiece and up in BU. There are people that would pay a slight premium for a coin toned like yours.
You can get an Idea of price by checking the sold items from eBay..........
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nk...H_Complete=1
Everything can change in just one day.........
Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Pillar of the Community
United States
3397 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its an 1986 so it has a small premium over spot, my local coin shop used to sell these for $10 over spot (pre covid) its a little more now. Its not a bad coin but I wouldn't pay more than $40 for it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2945 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am in the $40 range. The quality and colors of the toning does not command a premium.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
582 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
well I say this I did pay over spot, but I also love toned coins.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1957 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In reality if you like the coin that's all that matters - I'm sure we've all paid more than the average for a coin we liked and wanted to own at one time or another!
Everything can change in just one day.........
Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Pillar of the Community
United States
3397 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep ! When it came to the ASE collection I actually purchased a slabbed one for my set as I couldn't find a 2004 locally.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4412 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  01:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not monster toning, but I'd say @ 50 bucks
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
United States
7912 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  03:47 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like it I also think the place you bought it from has generally nice coins at good prices as well, I buy a fair amount of older circulated coins from them and have never had an issue, always prompt and quick on shipping their coins are exactly how the list them. I will say I think you over payed a little for a non proof coin, but it's a nice toned ASE and the price of silver has been up and down so I can't say it's a bad purchase over all, just maybe $10 more than I'd be comfortable spending on it.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2ó variety collector.

See my want page: http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...IC_ID=140440
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
582 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yeah got it for 60 which I felt was fair enough plus free priority shipping so about 55 for coin I'máthinking.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
582 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  03:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
updated pics pretty shiny, lol and also has a minor strike thru on reverse on ribbon by the S in PLURIBUS guessing bottom of branch

Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 455Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05