Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Love These Just Not Sure Of The Collectability Dates Ranging From 1919-70

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 461Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  11:47 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JoshA113n to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello to my neighbors to the north

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17293 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  12:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
568 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  05:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Collectability is in the eye of the beholder...!

If you want to find (very) approximate values for Canadian coins you can look here https://www.coinsandcanada.com/coins-prices.php as a starting point - the whole site is full of information that might interest you.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4821 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  09:01 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the Forum. You've come to a phenomenal place to share and learn. Explore and Enjoy!
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...IC_ID=303507
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56880 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  10:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
569 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I recommend picking up a Charlton coin guide. It's similar to a Red Book but for Canadian coins.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4122 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those series are quite popular to collect in Canada. Charlton is a good guide except for retail prices. You can expect to be able to buy most for quite a bit less than listed there. All the ones from 1953 are very easy to find in high grade, and not very expensive except for really high grade ones or for a few varieties. Value for the higher grade ones goes up as they get older (no surprise). There are some key dates prior to 1953. I hope you don't want a complete set of the 5 or 50 cents, as the 1921 versions of these are quite scarce.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7137 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome! I cannot blame you for liking Canadian coins. They are my only non-US collections I have. Then again, it helped I grew up near the border.

The slabbed Half dollar No G farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3570 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The annual Charlton coin guide has been suggested above, but there is also a Haxby guide, but it's not annual. The Haxby Whitman guide also includes tokens in its book, as well as some special RCM coinages and even bullion coins and a section on errors. In Charlton, all you get is circulating coinage so you have to buy a separate token or NCLT book with Charlton. As mentioned above, the prices in both Haxby and Charlton are nearly full retail or more.... you would never receive those prices.
Edited by okiecoiner
04/16/2021 2:50 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 461Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05