Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1974 D Lincoln Cent, Multiple Errors, I'm Very New And Very Uncertain.

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 890Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  05:55 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jesscombs41 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm ALMOST certain of this penny having multiple errors, but I'm unsure which. I guessed at die/planchet/strike errors, but I could be way off. And look at the mint mark... I don't know what I have. I put it on eBay and immediately got an offer for $300 and within 15 hours I got an offer for $700. I've had little luck with finding someone knowledgeable enough to tell me whether I may be selling for too much or too little, whether to actually get it certified or graded. If I sell for too little I'll kick myself, and if I don't take the offer I've passed up a huge profit, because I was greedy. I don't think it's the million dollar penny, just want straight up advice, please be nice, I'm clueless. []
Pillar of the Community
United States
2080 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  06:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 11997755 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a damaged coin worth about 1 1/2 cents (due to the copper value). Looks like it sat in a parking lot for part of its life. PMD
Pillar of the Community
United States
2215 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  06:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a heavily damaged parking lot coin.
Learn More...
United States
19182 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  06:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I put it on eBay and immediately got an offer for $300 and within 15 hours I got an offer for $700

Take it! As others have stated, I'm only seeing damage--not a mint error.

Added: Where are my manners? Welcome to CCF.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
3948 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  07:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, harsh damage after the coin left the mint. Not an error.
Edited by ijn1944
04/16/2021 07:38 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3948 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  07:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  08:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jesscombs41 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  08:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jesscombs41 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well... boo!!! And I let the offer expire, made a counteroffer for more! See what greed gets! Wasn't sure what to do! Lol! Ok, me and my parking lot coin are gonna go to bed. I don't take pics well, I shake.. ugh! Also which magnifier app is best for iPhone 8?

My hopes and dreams of having the million dollar penny have been crushed, lol... thanks guys! Let's hope I get that offer again! Kicking myself!

Pillar of the Community
United States
5609 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  09:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I realize you are new to the hobby and Numismatcs,we see similar listings on the bay all the time, ebay is flooded with them more so than ever!
All I have to say to this is that as a seller we have a responsibility to present a factual and accurate description of the item we are selling! if uncertain, then we need to research and learn what it is we are telling the buyers, even if it sold at a dream price, usually it would come back to hunt us as a ** refund request ** followed by negative feedback,so it is not all that good and dandy.
Below is how you described the coin when you listed this mangled and run over piece of copper,totally misrepresented and now you come here to find out if your paenny was worth more than $700.00

Quote:
1974 D Lincoln Cent, Multiple Errors!. Shipped with USPS First Class

Planchet/Strike/Die errors

Rare find! This UNIQUE, one of a kind penny is a must have to add to any collection!

to the Forum, best place to research and learn.

The sad thing is that after learning what you have, you still running it for sale and have not taken the auction down!! looking for that $700.00 victime
Edited by Chase007
04/16/2021 09:20 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56880 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you need more of those, I can supply them cheap.

to the CCF!
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21266 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  09:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll take care of it.

Those offers are almost certainly experienced collectors/dealers messing with you.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5609 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'll take care of it.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
9729 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seller has now added another mutilated 2006 Lincoln selling as an error.
Now has two for sale

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50782 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well he has to work over a second one before he can list them. Just face value on any damaged coin.

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
1331 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'll take care of it.

Thanks Bobby!
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Pillar of the Community
United States
1331 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a shame, I could never attempt to defraud someone like that
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 890Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.37 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05