Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2000 New Hampshire Quarter

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 396Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  06:32 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MissK to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a 2000 New Hampshire quarter with "S" mint mark, which would be a silver proof coin according to everything I find online, but it's clearly not silver. It's standard. How do I find the value of something like this? I find nothing online and live in a remote community with no coin or collector shops to ask.

Edited by MissK
04/16/2021 07:31 am
Learn More...
United States
19162 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  06:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@miss, first welcome to CCF. Second, could you please post the weight of this coin as well as a couple overall pictures to this thread? Here is a link to the tutorial on how to post pics: https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...g-images.asp

Thx!

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  07:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Christian18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The mint makes both silver and clad proof (S mint) coins. It sound like you just have a clad prof coin with a value of less than a dollar.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3933 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  07:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If not too late, new photos--large and sharp--of the coin's obverse and reverse would help. A sharp pic each of the mintmark and the rim (end-on) too. Interested in learning the weight. Thanks.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56845 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Surely this is just the clad 2000-S NH quarter?
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MissK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I couldn't find anything online about the 2000-S NH clad quarter. Only 2000-S NH silver. I was finding clad from only Denver & Philadelphia, So really, there's nothing special about it except that it's hard to find information about.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56845 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any standard reference work will list the 2000-S NH quarter as a regular proof clad issue.
Edited by Coinfrog
04/16/2021 10:11 pm
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  9:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfamind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Assuming its the clad proof 2000-S, you should be able to see the copper on the edge. Mintage of the 2000 clad proof set was 3,082,572.

At some point, someone must've cracked this coin out of a clad proof set or a quarters-only proof set. It ended up in circulation for a while, as evidenced by the scuffing and other marks. Not really worth much, but an interesting novelty piece.
Edited by halfamind
04/16/2021 9:57 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50750 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Look at the slabbed price for this error is? Way under priced:
https://www.PCGS.com/cert/03660006
Large image, do not open on your phone.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56845 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Almost certainly a cracked clad issue.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1317 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF.

At the left side you can fins a vertical Colum listing numerous resources to help you find what you need. I'll post 2 of the links the pertain to your coin for you.

https://www.coincommunity.com/us_qu...rs/state.asp
https://www.coincommunity.com/us_qu..._quarter.asp
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Pillar of the Community
United States
5677 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MissK, to the CCF!
ša va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50750 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought it looked like the mountain was altered, but it is the design:
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Learn More...
United States
99300 Posts
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  05:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MissK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to everyone for the help and resources and the warm welcome!
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 396Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05