Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Britannia 2019 UK One Ounce Silver BU Questions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 199Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
935 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  10:57 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Picked this "Spirit of a Nation" 2Lb up at my local coin shop for $46.00 not a collector of UK coinage but was swayed by price and figured the issue price was this maybe more? Saw on ebay sales for 70-80 Lbs but sold and not presently seeing any on websites in US for sale.
Is anyone familiar with this issue? The finish appears to me prooflike or a specially prepared BU finish die.
The c.o.a. insert indicates mintage of 10,000 and of that 5000 in this presentation box. Am unable to ascertain its current market value any information is much appreciated.

Edited by luvmyCAM
04/16/2021 11:00 am
Valued Member
Lebanon
325 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chronos to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can find the initial listing price when sold by The Royal Mint https://www.royalmint.com/britannia...ulated-coin/
If I Know anything about the actual price I will mention it
Edited by chronos
04/16/2021 11:29 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
935 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8502 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a real bargain for $46, although these coins do tend to fetch less than their original issue price on the secondary market. I'd happily pay $46 for one!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11523 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  6:15 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found one listed on eBay for $125:

In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Pillar of the Community
United States
935 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, my local coin shop deals in a little of everything: curiosities, watches, knives, arrowheads, militaria and of course coins. Sometimes things like this walk in his doors and he will flip it to me 15% over what he paid. He calls me a valued customer. Problem is he knows what I like and many a time I have said "where did you get that?" and I end up buying something completely different from what I came in for. Several times I made some good scores on mint sets, commemoratives, and bulk bags sold to him by young people liquidating grandpa's coins. We talked about this and he said he pays near wholesale and before doing trys to educate them about maybe keeping some of the coins but few are interested and only want what the highest immediate payment is. All sales require ID and are logged for crime reduction but it boils down mostly to younger folks not being interested in coins. This happily for me was one such coin.
Its going in the safe deposit box.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 199Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05