Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1993 To Be Wide Or Not To Be Wide?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 349Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
128 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  11:38 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add RCarv to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
For real.. my cusion Leroy has about the same size gap in His front teeth.. so I'm thinking its wide..
idk... let me know tho.
I will keep comparing in the mean time..

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1997 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  11:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
so I'm thinking its wide..
idk... let me know tho.

Take Cousin Leroy Fishing - It's not wide - It's normal for 93. Right?

Quote:
1993 cents normally have closely spaced letters AM
Everything can change in just one day.........
Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Edited by Rothery
04/17/2021 10:54 am
Valued Member
United States
128 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  11:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RCarv to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is the WAM and cam years?
I belive I seen someone mention it on my last post...
Valued Member
United States
309 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  01:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scuba1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you are looking for a WAM 1993 Lincoln then why are you asking about what the years are for the WAM's and CAM's? Evidently you know you stuff. A WAM 1993 has never been discovered (leading me to believe the reason for your post) and if it ever is I'm sure it would be worth quite a premium. If someone mentioned the years of WAM's and CAM's on your "last post" then go back to your last post to see the differences. Just sayin.......
Valued Member
United States
128 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  01:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RCarv to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nope..
I do not know my stuff.
I believe I have a whopping 2 months coin experience under my belt..
Valued Member
United States
128 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  02:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RCarv to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Years was not mentioned.. just they existed.
I know nothing about them..
I was mostly wondering if the WAM and cam made a difference on the gap sizes.
Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers over the comment...
My bad
Edited by RCarv
04/17/2021 02:02 am
Valued Member
United States
309 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  02:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scuba1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My apologies if I came across gruff. I'm sorry..... By no means did I mean to do so. Your Cent is a Close AM, normal. I only wish for you it was a WIDE AM!!! LOL. If so, you would have found a MAJOR new variety. Believe me, every 1993 I turn over and look at the reverse the first thing I look at is the AM. They say it "can't happen", which may be true, but stranger things have happened and wouldn't it be great to discover a wide AM 93'. Take care.
Valued Member
United States
309 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  02:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scuba1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lincolncentresource.com has a very good tutorial on the WAM's. Here's the link.
http://www.lincolncentresource.com/wideams.html
Bedrock of the Community
United States
39027 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  04:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WAMs=1998-99-2000 and CAMs=1992. I think it is the opposite on the proof versions?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
57051 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  08:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, normal for the year.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1437 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  09:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Website. Variety vista. Look it up. When you find it spend some time there. They have a listing of obverse die varieties and reverse die varieties of the Lincoln cent and pictures. This is a useful resource for the WAMs and CAMs and also the transition year cents along the way where the wrong die got used on the wrong year.

There's different online resources for different things.
If it's doubled dies, go to doubleddies.com if it's a cud, go to cuds-on-coins.com

I assume you have the internet, you're on here. Not trying to be mean at all but you can either ask for fish from fishermen, or you can learn to fish for yourself. The Internet is a free resource of information instead of buying the books like a lot of us had to do to get the info we needed.

You really need to do the research and learn to be successful. It's awesome you just got into the hobby, keep looking and keep learning!

Valued Member
United States
128 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RCarv to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do research when I have time..
8 kids, redhead wife and a job general comes first...
Ty for the websites.. I will make sure yo book mark them .
Ps
I didn't think you where being mean.. just figured you where frustrated at the "FNG" always asking the same questions..
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 349Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05