Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1957 D Roosevelt Lam&peel

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 361Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
991 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  8:49 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Coin in lousy shape. Lam peel looks better in person.
What do you think about the mint mark? Looks maybe SE with some of vertical bar inside.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50789 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a match to RPM-002:

Close but no match.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Canada
736 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rob, if you can post a 45 deg photo of delam will help more (hard to take I know, in general at 300x or 500x). At the first view I see a crack planchet due to the failure of purging the liquid metal. If this?!! You has a one of the fewer on the series, and due to this effect in most of the cases we has a rolling deformations.
Pillar of the Community
United States
721 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  12:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Almost looks like a struck through & delam. I'm not seeing an RPM.
Best Find - 1976 D WQ DDO-001 http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...IC_ID=382777
Interesting find - 1947 S over inverted S http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...IC_ID=368005
Pillar of the Community
United States
991 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Silviosi. Hope the pictures of different angle are good enough.

Thank you coop for showing it's not a match to V.V. RPM-002. So does close but no match mean it's a different RPM or (sorry no cigar)?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50789 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When taking images for a side by side comparison, before taking the images, look at a web site to see what to include for a match up
http://www.varietyvista.com/07%20Ro...7DRPM002.htm
Note the widest shot. (first image) when taking an image of that area include a bit wider shot. Why? Because if the close cut image (like yours) might not reveal a rotated image. If the slightest angle off, could affect the location of the mintmark. So if you could try taking another wider shot image just 20% wider than that first image, it would help with the alignments. It is best to include images primary landmarks. That way I can align it so it will be even a bit better in alignment. When the images are cut to close, it can affect the alignments. So it you could do that, it might be that die, but having a bit more surroundings present, might help more. Sometimes the fingerprints of information aren't there to show a need correction. So lets try it again with a wider shot, just a bit wider than the larger view image.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Pillar of the Community
Canada
736 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, we can say delam. If fact on silver is due this to the melting process. when is purge and is not clean well the impurities which come up, on the rolling process will do this effect of delam and cracking. Been very small and going with the collecting comunity we say delam, in fact is more cracking and is show better by the second and third photos.

Nice one. I have no idea of premium or the others defaults.
Edited by silviosi
04/18/2021 9:42 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
991 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coop I think I got it now. I thought maybe give a little bit extra. Let me know if that's ok.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50789 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  01:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That looks better. I'll work on it again tomorrow.

Still not a match. Even showed better that it wasn't the same die.
Richard S. Cooper

Edited by coop
04/19/2021 10:30 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
991 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  11:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks so much coop. I've been working on what you said about the lines on computer. Just taking a little time. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.
I see you used the green line to size up and line up the coins

Thank you Silviosi for your knowledge of the metals.
Edited by RobO411
04/19/2021 11:21 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 361Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05