Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Grade Opinion 1900 Lafayette Dollar

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 389Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
3855 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  1:10 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What grade you think it is?

Pillar of the Community
United States
3855 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone wanna take a shot? Don't worry, you won't hurt MY feelings!
Edited by jimbucks
04/18/2021 5:11 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1041 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Au details, polished
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10967 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, no expert here but my first impression was the obverse has been cleaned/polished.

But wait, this is jimbucks asking. I'm confused.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
57018 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My instinct is that the obverse looks unnaturally bright for the apparent wear, but I have little experience grading this issue.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3855 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
But wait, this is jimbucks asking. I'm confused.

I need to keep everyone on their toes. Keep your eyes open, I might offer it for sale on the appropriate forum at a later date.
Edited by jimbucks
04/18/2021 7:55 pm
Valued Member
United States
435 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm at XF-Details polished. Washington's hair looks fairly worn and this, unless the pictures are drumming up something funny, has definitely been through a polishing
Valued Member
United States
251 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
XF details
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7082 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  05:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Surfaces do not appear natural. There is evident wear. I say AU details (Cleaned/polished).
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 389Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05