Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1915-S Barber Quarter You Vs NGC

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 827Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
857 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  6:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I picked this one up a few months ago....along with others which I will hopefully get around to posting soon. I have photos of a few different Barber quarters which I will get to today. Let me know what you think and leave your guess to the grade.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15202 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-55 , Pitted face and neck also top of cap . Eagles wing tips show some wear . Some obverse stars showing wear . obverse fields testifies coin was circulated .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
United States
4527 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm at AU-58+, there's just a hint of wear but the luster looks extremely well preserved.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2329 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5906 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a Monday/Friday coin!

If graded on Monday it's a nice AU58; if it was graded on Friday afternoon in would make 62!
Pillar of the Community
United States
857 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will just say...it has a lot of luster....and....it was graded on one of those days ending in "day." Lol.
Edited by DoctorBurnzy
04/18/2021 7:35 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
907 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-61
Pillar of the Community
United States
2944 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am at 58, and NGC at 62.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnjkedel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess it could be AU58 ... but ... I think MS62
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56894 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  8:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Clearly a weak strike, with reverse luster that points toward low MS. But scuffing all over the obverse, especially in the forelock area, leaves me cold on this fairly common date. Pass.
Pillar of the Community
United States
857 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the brutal honesty, Coinfrog. I'd say it was common date to be had if it wasn't a san fran mark....however in the lower grades I'd definitely still go with common.
Edited by DoctorBurnzy
04/18/2021 8:09 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1131 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like it. Nice cameo-ish obverse. I say MS62.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56894 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sure, it's fine for a lower-grade set, but that just doesn't sound like you @doc!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1986 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Many of the obverse lines in the field are die polishing marks. I don't see evidence of circulation here. The reverse definitely doesn't show it. I suspect this coin is UNC, with obverse bag marking heavier than the reverse, and with some cabinet rub. It has eye appeal, with the obverse light cameo and the nice reverse fields.

IMHO, NGC would call the obverse MS-63 and the reverse MS-64, for a net MS-63.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4412 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
62-
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
United States
690 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  12:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mike1487 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS63
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 827Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05