Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1915-S Barber Quarter You Vs NGC

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 780Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10040 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  08:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
some weakness in strike on both sides. luster looks pretty good overall but there looks likes a few breaks on both sides. my first thought was that there was a light cleaning but I'm agreeing with FC on that. I've seen coins with that eye appeal slabbed at 65. I dont think this one is there. I'm at MS63 possibly 64
Pillar of the Community
United States
7879 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  11:55 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another good one to guess the grade on.

MS63 - though a MS62 was also a consideration for me. I believe too many marks to go MS64 and I don't see any rub or wear areas so I don't think it falls in the AU category.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...IC_ID=140440
Pillar of the Community
United States
5470 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good luster, tiny contact marks mostly on the obverse, some very faint field hairlines which help limit the grade but don't rise to the level of a cleaning.

Might have been strictly graded at AU-58 but NGC MS-63 seems more likely.
Pillar of the Community
United States
857 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  10:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Edited by DoctorBurnzy
04/20/2021 10:46 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5900 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  01:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Must have been graded on a Friday morning to get a 61!

Still a nice coin!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10040 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
they dinged it pretty hard for weak reverse strike, eye appeal and the obverse scratches and amount of luster remaining
Valued Member
United States
416 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  3:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thinking MS-62. Definitely has some marks but I'd chock it up to bag marks with a weaker strike.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 780Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05