Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Blue Peter 50p Unopened.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 551Next Topic  
Valued Member
United Kingdom
108 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  11:24 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SueCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Am I totaly wrong but this item seems to be sought after.

Considering some of my Dads stuff looked really nice but was pretty worthless this is just a 2009 50P.

Sue

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
605 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  11:38 am  Show Profile   Check PaddyB's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes - definitely a good one there. Mint in packet like that can easily make 250 to 300 on Ebay.

The run was authorised for 100,000 but it has transpired that only some 17,500 were actually made, so now the scarcest of all the 50ps.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
108 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SueCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Paddy!
My first bit of luck out of this huge bag of metal.

After 3 weeks staring at them am begining to see them in dreams.

Sue
Valued Member
United Kingdom
138 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gainn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice find. Those are hard to find in that condition.
I picked one of them up in some change a few years ago but it was pretty toasty and sadly not worth much.
Still more than 50p though..
Valued Member
United Kingdom
108 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SueCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Gain am still going through this collection but that one saved my bacon for this month. its going up for sale.
Am going through his Battle of Britain stuff now. Some of that stuff blows my mind. Probably wont be a seller in truth. Maybe a buyer from now.
Am having a talk with my subconcious on a budget per month!

Sue
Valued Member
United Kingdom
138 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gainn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Am going through his Battle of Britain stuff now.

WW2 items are usually easy to sell and sometimes it's surprising what people will pay a decent amount for.
I collect sweetheart brooches from that era and if they're on eBay as 'BiN' and in good condition or unusual then "You snooze, you lose" comes into play.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
108 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SueCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The war things will be the last on my list if ever. Am an Army Captains daughter. 1st Battalion Royal Scots.

Back in the 50p world. I paid 3 for an app on my iPad that checks UK circulated. It was called CheckYourChange. I inputed my dads 70 or so collection in and it added up to 750!
Its a hit or miss I see selling coins. I sold 1 to a lady in England so far. Ironically it was a wallet for introduction to coin collecting with a low denomination from loads of countries.
Seeing were pretty much going to be ordered to go electronic money soon the age of the Coin is over.

Sue
Valued Member
United Kingdom
465 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookeeperz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sue I wouldn't take too much notice of modern online valuations from organisations like change/checker or check your change . Most of them run with the same delusional stories of valuable coins and rare coins being worth so much and what for. There are no modern coins you could add the true rare tag too. As all the collectors have them in FDC stashed away. Opposite to old coins where we are left with coins that will never be again so to find a coin as it was struck 300 years ago that is considered a rarity. I have predicted all the expensive modern coins like the Kew 50 pence will take a massive nose dive in the years to come just as all the previous so called rare coins have of the modern era.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1521 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kena to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With regards to the Battle of Britain 50 pence coins....check if you have the 2015 one in the mint package since it has value as well since nowhere on the coin it says 50 pence - here is a link to the coin - https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces68029.html - I think the values on Numista are a bit on the low side.

CCF member Member Since: 07/27/2008
Valued Member
United Kingdom
108 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  08:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SueCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thx zookepperz. I thought the same regarding rarity and at some point no one will care and prices will dive. Am going to sell the Blue Peter 50p while the goings good.
United Kingdom
27 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  04:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add saxon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your dad was certainly a very astute man who like me bought this coin on issue, there were only 19,400 sold which makes it much rarer than the Kew Gardens. But it cost 3.99 from The Royal Mint.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
108 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  07:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SueCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Saxon my dad wasn't stupid and it's a shame I didn't get a chance to share his hobby. He was hard work so I rarely visited.
When the Vultures stripped his house they took two huge wall mounted locked cabinets for auction but considered his huge array in Aluminium cases and wooden boxes worthless or too much effort.
Yea a Kew Garden killer and coins plated in Platinum.
I wish I had intervened but he left me a lifeline.
Sue
United Kingdom
27 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add saxon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He sounds like a man after my own heart for collecting, I have it written into my will that when I die my coin collection will be sold at auction and the proceeds split evenly between my five grandchildren.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 551Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05