Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What An Amazing Roll Find / 1968 D Or 1966 D USA Penny

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 796Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfamind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a mix of (a few) raised and (mostly) incuse diamonds. The ones near the date looked raised. It still looks like PMD (and some sort of vice job), but its hard to explain the raised metal.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4833 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yes, post strike damage--fun none-the-less.

Agreed.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...IC_ID=303507
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50889 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here you go, raised diamonds.

They are on the vise though.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
1366 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. In some pictures the diamonds look incused on others they look raised. But I'm leaning toward them being incused. Look at the word 'liberty' - you can still see the 'B' in the diamond hole.
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Pillar of the Community
United States
1366 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to see a picture edge on looking at the date/mint mark area.
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Pillar of the Community
United States
1509 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Clearly someone was trying to make a waffle Coin for there Ice Cream. Next time use a half dollar it's bigger so more Ice Cream.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 796Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05