Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hello Everyone! Hey Here Just Have A Few Questions If Somebody Has The Time

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 563Next Topic  

Canada
7 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  11:54 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add DennisT43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I head there good money in change, so I starting picking through the piggy bank see what kind of money a broke sack like me has lying around with out knowing it. Found a few coins of value just don't know how to tell them apart from the rest!?!?!?!?
Canada
7 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  12:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DennisT43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have some of thee 1973 Mountie quarters
I have a 1965 nickel that idk what to look for also, beside counting the tiny dots on the rim, on side had 127 and I gave up on counting thee other.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17264 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  08:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
Learn More...
United States
99238 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.

Show us what you have!

Uploading Photos

Free Image Optimizer
Pillar of the Community
Canada
9707 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF

There's not much value in the Mountie quarters unless you find a rare Large Bust.
Your 65 Nickel has to have either 119 or 138 beads, there is no 127 beads.
Best to show pictures if you want accurate information or else we are just guessing.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1709 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Canada
7 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DennisT43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Which side of my 1965 Nickel should I be counting?
And also how do u tell large bust from small bust?
Another question, the 1969 dime? We're all dimes of that year misprinted? Or was there a certain few that were a little different?
I only started looking into my change when the wife showed me a tiktok talking about this $10,000 dime #128076;#127996;
Good morning to all and thanks for help dude and dudettes
Canada
7 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  07:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DennisT43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Canada
7 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  07:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DennisT43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also found those dimes, the one had this ring going through the coin so I put it aside.
I had a similar thing going on with a loonie the ring goes through cananda and scuffs some of the imaging. Don't know if this was manufactured this way, or has been tarnished, but it looks as if the coin was made this way. I'll find where I put it and post a picture
Pillar of the Community
United States
3924 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  07:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Suggest posting one coin per topic--allows us to focus our attention on one coin. Also allows for future forum searchers to find a topic's 'coin' much more efficiently. Thanks.
Canada
7 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  08:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DennisT43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For future posts I will but I'm just going to see where this takes me. Thanks for the advice!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
568 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  2:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I recommend a Charlton Standard Catalogue. It will show you what to look for. You should also invest in a decent loupe (magnifying glass).
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1200 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check out coinsandcanada.com, that will cover most of what you need and is free

The circular marks are from vending machines, parking meters or coin counters, for most coins it makes them worth face value.

Count the side with the queens portrait.

There are a few 1969 dimes worth big money, but very rare.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 563Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05