Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Do You See A Greater Demand In Morgan's & Peace After The 2021 Release

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 934Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
15 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  12:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add FlyingTiger to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I think it will cause prices and supply to be effected with a possible spark in interest after the mint releases the new 2021 dollars.I see people possibly wanting to collect more of the original series.If you are still filling missing holes in an album they could get much harder to find and more people will be bidding.WHAT SAY YOU!
Learn More...
United States
99238 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not sure. Maybe if these 2021 dollars were for circulation (ha!). The circulating Statehood Quarters created new interest in collecting and jacked up the Washington quarter prices. However, I think they will be mostly bought by existing collectors.
Valued Member
United States
374 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PlumCrazy814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am not sure. Maybe if these 2021 dollars were for circulation (ha!). The circulating Statehood Quarters created new interest in collecting and jacked up the Washington quarter prices. However, I think they will be mostly bought by existing collectors.

To JBuck's point, I think the impact would be greater if the new dollars were issued for circulation. My opinion is that the impact will be minimal since the new dollars are in the same world as commemorative issues.
Valued Member
United States
233 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MisterT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was so excited anticipating the release of the 2021 dollars to be able to have a coin with those designs in near pristine condition. Then I noticed the con game being played by the mint with low mintages and jacked up prices. Now I am doubtful that I will be purchasing them once a select few dealers tack on their premiums to an already inflated issue. Instead I will opt for acquiring original period coins even if it means that a 1921 Peace in VF is all I can afford. So yes, I believe that a number of collectors will migrate to filling some holes with original series and many will be disappointed that they can't get their hands on the 2021 issues for a fair price.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8518 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll be buying as many of the 2021s as I can, though not so much to make a profit, but I figure if I can get my hands on a few extra, and I have a friend who was unable to get one I can sell it to them at cost.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1077 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Initially yes, sustainable in the long term I'm on the fence. I would agree with JBuck that the vast majority, ones that the dealers don't snag, will be from existing collectors. However, I do see a spike at first in new collectors, largely from the heavy promotion by dealers on late night television. Surprising how many viewers they have.
ANA member
PAN Member
BCCS Member

There's no problem only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Pillar of the Community
United States
1545 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoubleEagle20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm really only interested in the 2021 Peace dollar. I'm gonna pass on the 2021 Morgans.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1106 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Prices of 1921 Peace dollars are up as it seems they are bought by dealers and speculators to pair with the 2021 Peace dollar to sell as a set for an astronomical amount of money ($1K+).
Pillar of the Community
United States
4398 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  01:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ Grapes...house hold limit is 10...you want more?
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Learn More...
United States
99238 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Prices of 1921 Peace dollars are up as it seems they are bought by dealers and speculators to pair with the 2021 Peace dollar to sell as a set for an astronomical amount of money ($1K+).
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15191 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My feeling is they will be rejected by hard core original Morgan and Peace dollar collectors . It's just not the same animal . Only benefits the Silver rounds commemorative & Bullion guys .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
United States
1106 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  1:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And "bullion guys" are willing to pay 3x spot for any of these 2021 coins?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3389 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm more interest in the Peace dollars as I have a full set of 1921 to 1935. I'm going to get at least one Morgan, as its nice to have a MS (actual) Morgan, but I don't collect Morgans, I only have 3, 2 certified and the one in the 20th century type set.
Learn More...
United States
99238 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My feeling is they will be rejected by hard core original Morgan and Peace dollar collectors . It's just not the same animal .
Any CCF members who identify as "hard core original Morgan and Peace dollar collectors" care to rebut?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3389 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  3:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Any CCF members who identify as "hard core original Morgan and Peace dollar collectors" care to rebut?

I guess I'm "hard core". Well more like "mediocre not to soft core", but I do have a full Peace dollar Collection.

Sadly the album didn't come with a space for 2021 I'm getting the Peace dollar, I would even pay over mint prices.
Learn More...
United States
99238 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I guess I'm "hard core". Well more like "mediocre not to soft core", but I do have a full Peace dollar Collection.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 934Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05