Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

When Pennies Are Concerned What Years Are Your Favorite?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 591Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
214 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  1:07 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add youngmaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
If a coin was found what do u look for right away and or hope the year is? As for me I look for condition its the hardest thing not to look for first for me lol Also lately its been really busted scratched sidewalk or road finds...
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50619 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well chances are if they are found on a parking lot, they would be messed up by being driven over. Those are just spenders. But I always let the coins tell me what year they are. Why anticipate when I let them speak to me, as to what they are. I can read them like a book.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Learn More...
United States
19130 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
hope the year is?

1799!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
United States
214 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add youngmaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow imagine that! XD
Learn More...
United States
19130 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To be serious though, I'll pick up and keep pretty much any Wheat cent and leave behind pretty much anything from 1959 and later. @coop has a good point that these are often in rough shape.
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

United States
37 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2021  02:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kaxaba to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah I just hope it's a wheatie lol
I'm easy like that
I always look right away at date idk why it's not like I know what's key!
But besides that I look at the details for any error visible to my untrained eye. Really more of a condition check. But in my mind it's to look for errors
Valued Member
United States
258 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2021  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IsThisAnything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't find many coins at all, but if I'm CRH and I find a Wheatie face down, I make whoever is in the room guess a number from 9-59 and I do the same. That's when I care the most what year it is.
Valued Member
United States
214 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2021  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add youngmaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your responses are appreciated Thanks for sharing...
Pillar of the Community
United States
797 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2021  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
for me, the older the better.
Valued Member
United States
414 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2021  11:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like others have mentioned, a memorial/shield cent is usually a pass for me, though I'd stop to pick up a wheat.

I'll only pick up a Zincoln if it's 2009
Learn More...
United States
99030 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2021  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'll only pick up a Zincoln if it's 2009
Seems like a good idea.
Valued Member
United States
214 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2021  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add youngmaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I dont even know what a zincoln is? My apologies. Zinc? coin? or am I mistaking?
Edited by youngmaster
04/30/2021 8:05 pm
Learn More...
United States
19130 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2021  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't even know what a zincoln is?

A zinc-plated cent such as are being made now.
-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz

Learn More...
United States
99030 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2021  12:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I dont even know what a zincoln is? My apologies. Zinc? coin? or am I mistaking?
Copper plated Zinc Lincoln... Zincoln.
Pillar of the Community
United States
529 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2021  11:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wulffy11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My favorite year for cents is easily 1983. It was the year of the DDO plus the year I was born. I save all 1983 cents in any shape.
Valued Member
United States
214 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2021  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add youngmaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great thanks for all your response I did know folks called it that haha! good to know! Thank you for all your responses.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 591Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05