Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hello Everyone I'm The New Guy (1984 Cent Die Clash?)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 262Next Topic  

Canada
20 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  1:06 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add St4520 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm from Toronto, thanks for asking. I came across this 1984 penny with what I think is a die clash. I was wondering if anyone could tell me more about it. For example: how rare, any value etc.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Learn More...
United States
19229 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  2:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@st, first welcome to CCF. Second, I split out this reply from the rest of your thread so that we can get some good eyes on it. My first impression is that you have a so-called "prisoner cent", but others will be around soon enough to weigh in.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
United States
39006 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. It is a nice "prisoner cent". Should be listed somewhere.Look here http://www.maddieclashes.com/
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
04/22/2021 2:45 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4906 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

You correctly attributed this cent as a die clash, a so called "prisoner cent" since it looks like Abe is in prison. A fine example you have here but probably not with a significant premium. Nice enough to put in a 2x2 and keep it in your collection!

-CH27
Collector of U.S. varieties and errors
Pillar of the Community
United States
5707 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with all of the above. Good eye!

to the CCF!

ša va bien aller

Canada
20 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add St4520 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you to everyone who responded.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3991 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Aye, appears to be a decent die clash example. Nice.
Valued Member
United States
145 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Altec12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats St4520. Great find. It is a very visable clash, but still takes a keen eye to find. I have been searching for one like it for a while with no luck..
Pillar of the Community
United States
1349 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF

Very nice clash, easy to see with naked eye...
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Canada
20 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  07:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add St4520 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi bobby131313. When you write use the correct forum. I'm not sure what that means. Still Learning.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50867 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When you click on this link:
https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/
It will show you all the forums on the site. So rather than throw your socks into a room, you have a place for them. The forum does also. So when you see a forum that you use a lot, start from that room (if it is the right one) then start your post from there. If makes your socks happy to end up in the right place. LOL He is one of the moms and dads that try to keep everything in order, so all can have a neat house. We are a coin family.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
04/27/2021 4:08 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 262Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05