Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Newly Trueviewed Type Coins.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 373Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8528 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  10:14 pm Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So with the reholder special going on at PCGS I took the opportunity to have a few of my coins reholdered with TrueViews. Here are the newly photographed coins.

This SLQ is graded MS-64FH. It was previously submitted to CAC and did not sticker. Toned SLQs are a real rarity, so I'm proud to own this one.

This 20c is a real gem. I know most people don't love fingerprint toning, but I just love the overall look and color of this coin.

This barber is graded MS-64 and had received a CAC sticker. Great sunburst toning really highlights the design.

This Trade dollar is graded MS-63 and was submitted to CAC but failed to receive a sticker, likely due to the reverse carbon spot. But the beautiful creamy luster and toning really show it off

This coin is graded MS-67FS. While I think FS is a bit of a stretch, the eye appeal is really nice.

This Shield nickel was the toughest Nickel in my Type Set. A fully struck, or nearly full struck, coin is really tough to find, especially on the 1866. This coin is graded MS-63 and will be submitted to CAC at a later date.

This 1859 Indian is horribly photo'd. In hand it has excellent luster and is graded MS-63.

This Half Cent is just lovely. Graded MS-64 with CAC it has flashy luster and beautiful chocolate brown surfaces. The coin has flashy blue highlights in the light.

This Morgan is a killer. Graded MS-67 CAC the toning is absolutely wild. The toning in no way inhibits the luster and is an absolute lusterbomb in hand.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1986 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some amazing coins you have there......really like the SLQ!
Everything can change in just one day.........
Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
57018 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All beautiful coins I'm sure. Personally, I feel that TrueView pics are deliberately enhanced and not worth crap.
Edited by Coinfrog
04/22/2021 10:36 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4420 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  01:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hummm....I'm not seeing anything special......just pocket change..........seriously very nice coins, I'll take the Barber half
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Bedrock of the Community
United States
39014 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  04:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
GrapeCollects,
You have too many nice ones there,you need to send one to me
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
435 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  05:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That Morgan is absolutely crazy! I love it! And that 20c looks like it's on fire! You've got some incredible pieces here, just stunning
Pillar of the Community
United States
4005 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  07:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very, very nice collection.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5234 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VERY nice group of coins.
The "full head" SLQ is particularly appealing.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8528 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone! I'm really proud of these coins!

Quote:
Personally, I feel that TrueView pics are deliberately enhanced and not worth crap.

I don't completely disagree, but I figure enhanced photos are better than none.

Quote:
I'll take the Barber half

Sure, $1750

Quote:
You have too many nice ones there,you need to send one to me

Quote:
That Morgan is absolutely crazy! I love it! And that 20c looks like it's on fire!

The morgan is pretty crazy. Only downside is the prices on them have dropped like, 20% since I bought it, but oh well. The 20c is insane.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7082 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow ... those are fabulous coins and I'm pleased to view them through the PCGS photos.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Learn More...
United States
99503 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8528 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys! They're really nice pieces and I'm glad to own them!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2835 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  03:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spectacular and gorgeous coins! Man would I love to own some toned coins like this.

Glad to see your love of toning matches mine!
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
The concept of maturity is complex. While one's capacity to be mature can be correlated with age, someone's overall maturity and respect for life is not. Maturity is formed through experience and perception.
Human progress can only be achieved through trial and error.
Canada
32 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2021  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TypsetCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Im a little late to the party but wow you have some nice coins there. The Shield nickel and obverse on the Trade dollar toning are both fantastic!
Valued Member
United States
379 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 4504 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hate to be a party-pooper, but I have seen several examples, including of my own coins, of images done in "true view", that were not as defined or as good as other images of the same coin, including images in ebay. When ebay can beat the quality of images in their own listings can beat the "true view" images, it is a sad day. For example, when an ebay image clearly shows the year of a coin, while in "true view" the year is barely visible, well...

That being said, you have a very nice collection there!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8528 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  12:12 am  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Glad to see your love of toning matches mine!

We just have good taste

Quote:
The Shield nickel and obverse on the Trade dollar toning are both fantastic!

The cream colored trade is a really pretty gem, I'm a big fan of it.

Quote:
images done in "true view", that were not as defined or as good as other images of the same coin, including images in ebay. When ebay can beat the quality of images in their own listings can beat the "true view" images, it is a sad day

Well it's a matter of the seller and how well they can photo the coins. Personally, I can't photo very well, and in this case, as I said down thread, with the exception of the 1859 Indian cent, all photos are extremely representative of how it looks in hand.
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 373Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05