Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Grading For 1825 Sixpence

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 397Next Topic  

Canada
11 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2021  3:49 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Henchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found this coin, and was looking for a grading and possible value. Is it worth having professionally graded? Thanks.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1375 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2021  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Check 47P7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
am not sure if someone here can help you as this is a Canadian coin forum.
But someone might?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3616 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2021  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would say it's VF-30, maybe EF. Take a look at Ebay "sold" prices. The cost to ceretify could be more than the coin itself is ever worth. If the coin, in your grade, has sold for $100-150, then it MIGHT be worth certifying. If you know what the coin is and what it MAY be worth, why have it certified, since it's alot of money down the tube to get it done.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4142 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2021  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is not nearly much demand for slabbed foreign coins in Canada. Thus no or little premium, like you might get in the US for a slabbed US coin.

Plus, the cost for Canadians is quite a bit higher due to the extra shipping cost.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58260 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2021  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you enlarge these pics for us?

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2652 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2021  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its been harshly cleaned and possibly even dipped. It would come back as a details coin - so not worth slabbing it.

I would say Fine to gFine on the tails and nearVF on the heads. Okay coin overall but because of the cleaning only worth half to quarter of the catalogue price.

Bear in mind my gradings are British style and harsher than the US Sheldon system.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Edited by Princetane
04/25/2021 10:08 pm
Pillar of the Community
Turkey
794 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add molydeii to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Princetane, gFine-aVF, cleaned and/or dipped. Considering sixpence coins seen a lot of circulation, it's a nice coin for its age and type. My sixpence from the same area is almost flat like a disc.
My tradelist and some wanted items are here! : http://goccf.com/t/398127
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58260 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say VF details (cleaned).

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17766 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18558 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  11:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Potential value nowhere enough to justify grading shipping fees.
So,
get it graded here in the CCF for free!

British grading system is best applied to British coins.
For the actual grading,
Pricetane has said it right.
United Kingdom
40 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  03:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add saxon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Because of the cleaning etc I would grade it at fine under the European system.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 397Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05