Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

May 2021 - RCM Release

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 89 / Views: 5,788Next Topic
Page: of 6
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
481 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  1:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
A longer list than last month but still some higher value items:

Pure Gold - 1oz - FV 10 cents - Reproduction of 1936 dot dime... dated on KGV Obverse 2021 - 30mm - Mintage 550 - $4,199.95
Pure Silver (gold Plated) 1.5oz - FV $25 - Mountie Hat with bronze band (3d model) - 52mm - Mintage 6,500 - $229.95
Pure Gold - 1oz - FV $200 - Ramming Bighorn Sheep (part colourized) - 30mm - Mintage 500 - $4,199.95
Pure Silver 2/3oz - FV $20 - Dancing Diamond contains diamond and selective gold plate - 36mm - Mintage 750 - $899.95
Pure Silver - 1oz - FV $20 - Avro Arrow - 38mm - Mintage 10,000 - $119.95
Pure Silver - 5oz - FV $50 - Avro Arrow w' selective gold plate - 65.25mm - Mintage 1,000 - $569.95
Pure Silver - 2oz - FV $30 - Manitoba 150 (reprise Manitoba Dollar from 1970 - 50mm - Mintage 2,500 - $199.95
SE Silver Dollar Set - Base metal proof set with BU Silver dollar with Bluenose design - Mintage $30,000 - 99.95

Previous Subscriptions:
Pure Silver - 5oz - FV $50 - 3rd coin in 100 yrs of confederation set (flight) - 65.25mm - $599.95
Pure Silver - 1/4oz - FV $5 - Moments to Hold 25th anniversary of arobreal emblem (Maple leaf) - 27mm - Mintage 100,000

GST/HST applicable to Mountie Hat, Diamond coin and SE Dollar Set.

Notes:
- The 5oz Avro Arrow is a sleek modern design and appeals to me. The Maple leaf shadow from the Arrow is a nice touch. (Too expensive though)
- It is nice to see the 2021 dollar in BU. It has been many years since the SE set included a Silver dollar that was straight BU and not coloured or a different design. Additionally on the SE set, the dime has KGVI obverse and the dollar the KGV obverse. The rest are QEII.
- The Manitoba 30 Dollar is odd. It looks like it could have been the re-imagined dollar from last year and it is dated 2020 but it is face valued at $30 and is a year late.
- I am disappointed in the pricing of the gold coins.. with them now stretching to $4,200 /oz Gold ounces are becoming even more unaffordable.
Edited by vonigohcr
04/27/2021 1:46 pm
Canada
13 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Steve309 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll be getting the 1oz avro arrow

Also a new master club coin. It's of the toonie

And the RCM coffee table book of 2020 coins they released is also coming out
Pillar of the Community
United States
1034 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will definitely buy the 'base' proof set; why stop now?

My collection guidelines also mean I should pick up the gold dime, but I just can't buy any coin at that price. I'll end up labeling an empty 2x2 for it and place that in my dime binder, but will never fill it. Even if it sold at spot value, most gold coinage is way above my price limits.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6122 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  10:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@vonigohcr: Thanks for taking the time to post info on the new RCM releases!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
922 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add New1954 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 5 ounce Avro Arrow $569.95 coin is NOW SOLD OUT at RCM.
United States
32 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jaymiles7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll be grabbing the base set and the 1 oz now that the 5 is sold out. I would like the Mountie hat, but as a gold member I think I'll be at risk of that one being sold out. Any insight from you big spenders on the risk of that one being gone?
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
481 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Along with the 5oz Avro Arrow being sold out, the renewed $2 http://goccf.com/t/397899 is sold out. The renewed $2 was not in the email from my rep but it was in the May mailout that I received today so I guess it was an early May release.

None of the other May releases are sold out at this point nor is the RCM sharing the % sold yet.

My only purchase this time was the base proof set... The bighorn sheep is very tempting as it is well executed and I do have a focus on 1st Nations designs but it is just too rich for my blood... Same with the 5oz Avro Arrow.

@atticguy
Quote:
My collection guidelines also mean I should pick up the gold dime
You should modify your guidelines... This coin has as much in common with a true dime as a lion has with a domestic pet cat... similarities are at best oblique. Outside of the reverse design and face value... the obverse is unique, the size is wrong, the weight and metal choice is wrong... there are plenty of criteria that would allow you to disqualify this from your collection... It makes more sense to reserve the empty 2x2 for a real 1936 dot dime. I fully agree with your assessment, $4200 is too much for an ounce of gold... That said... I would happily pay $4,200 for a true 1936 dot dime that contains less than $2 worth of silver... what a funny hobby we have...

Pillar of the Community
Canada
922 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add New1954 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The renewed TOONIE coin is the FIRST issue in this series and it was a MASTER CLUB EXCLUSIVE and it was released via email a few days ago and it sold out quickly. One Per Household only. The Mountie Hat coin is still available and if the RCM were smart and started to promote this, I believe this could be a hit. I did buy the 5 ounce Avro Arrow coin, The mountie hat, the 1 ounce Avro Arrow coin, and the base set and please don't shoot me but I also bought the dancing diamond coin. Could not resist. My biggest order in a very long time.
Edited by New1954
04/28/2021 5:48 pm
Valued Member
Canada
120 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tender4848 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@vonigohcr

What level of the Master's Club Loyalty program are you at?

I'm a Gold member and cannot see any of the new releases yet I received the May release brochure in the mail today.
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
481 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@tender4848

I am at Diamond Level . I get the notification 7 days ahead of the public release. I received the email at 9PM Monday night Pacific time. Gold is 4 days in advance so Thursday night/Friday morning maybe...
Valued Member
Canada
239 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Has anyone received 2020 Annual Collection book? I was supposed to receive 2019 Annual collection book last year, but it never came out. This year, I was downgraded to Prestige so I don't know if I will receive one or not.
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
481 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Has anyone received 2020 Annual Collection book?
... Yes I have received the 2020 collection book... I also did not receive a 2019 book last year... Was one published?
Valued Member
Canada
239 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2019 Annual Collection Book was never published. However, before the loyalty program was modified last year, it was marked as a benefit for top tier Masters Club members.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2817 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am disappointed in the pricing of the gold coins.. with them now stretching to $4,200 /oz Gold ounces are becoming even more unaffordable.

It is worst for people living in a PST province like BC where there is 7% tax tacked on the price, making it close to $4500. That is practically my entire coin budget for the year.

Quote:
The renewed $2 was not in the email from my rep but it was in the May mailout that I received today so I guess it was an early May release.

Didn't your rep send you an email regarding the Renewed Toonie last week? It was separate from the My releases.

Quote:
I would like the Mountie hat, but as a gold member I think I'll be at risk of that one being sold out

No chance the Mountie Hat is going to sell out before reaching you because of the high mintage of 6000 coins. The coins that sometimes sell out are 1000 mintage or lower. Like Avro 5 oz coin.

Valued Member
Canada
239 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2021  08:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm also interested in Mountie Hat. But RCM charges 15% taxes (I'm in Quebec). However, others dealers such as CC&C charges only 5% tax. That's about $22 in savings. So I will buy it from other deals.
United States
32 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2021  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jaymiles7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
No chance the Mountie Hat is going to sell out before reaching you because of the high mintage of 6000 coins. The coins that sometimes sell out are 1000 mintage or lower. Like Avro 5 oz coin.

For some reason I had it set in my mind this was 2500 mintage, possibly thinking the 52mm? Maybe the double 2's in the price. But yes, at 6500 I feel confident this will fall to me and go nice with the mountie silver sculpture coin. Never thought I'd start a mountie collection, but here we are...
Page: of 6 Previous TopicReplies: 89 / Views: 5,788Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05