Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

May 2021 - RCM Release

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 89 / Views: 5,097Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
804 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2021  6:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tender4848, I'm an Arrowhead too. I had a Prof in college who was a data analysis engineer on 202 when the gear failed. He was a busy man. Fun to get off topic and hear his stories. He spanked me every time we played squash, not bad for 70 against a 20 year old know it all.

Do you have any private mint Arrow coins? I've seen a few and have this one but know idea where I got it. I dug into it, and it appears to be from the Aviation Museum in Ottawa.

Please tell us who has signed your display.

"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Edited by loonielewy
05/05/2021 6:30 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5919 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2021  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Tender4848 / loonielewy: Thanks each for your illustrated replies to my query. Much appreciated!

I learned something new! (Which is always good!)

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
Canada
9745 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  12:32 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 2008 Gander, NFLD, Aviation Dollar ( Trade dollar) featured the Avro Arrow. 3500 were struck in Cu-Ni and 500 were struck in proof silver. You occasionally see them on eBay for sale.

"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
236 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received the hat coin today. It looks like a cake.

Valued Member
Canada
236 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also received the 2 oz Masters Club coin. I'm very please with the quality and details.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2812 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@YesOrNo, the hat coin look more like a cupcake than a cake.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
804 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gotta wonder how that hat was struck. .
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
642 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  04:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Looney4Numi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@YesOrNo

Thanks for the photos. The Mountie Hat may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I'm looking forward to my cupcake... lol

The MC Renewed Toonie looks great! Can't wait to get mine.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5919 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  07:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@YesOrNo: Thanks for sharing your latest acquisitions!

The large-format "Twoonie" looks great and appears impressive! It looks like the RCM did a very nice job with it. The Mountie Hat is not for me, but I'm glad one found a home with someone who appreciates it!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Valued Member
United States
67 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  08:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree on the"Twoonie" very impressive.
Valued Member
Canada
119 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tender4848 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ YesorNo....

Thanks for the pics, looking forward to receiving my Renewed Toonie.

Your pics now confirm that this is the first Masters Club Renewed Coin that did NOT come in a wooden display box even though the price increased by $20. Just ruined my Renewed Coin display in my Curio cabinet.

Looks like I will have to swap the Twoonie with one of the 50 cent coin boxes in order to keep the wooden display intact
Valued Member
Canada
286 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rjlavoie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's not uncommon to have a coin and stamp both issued together as a set. There are times when Canada Post and the Royal Canadian Mint both issue items, but not together, covering the same topic. There have been a few Canada Post items I collected to go along with a coin I may have. For those interested, Canada Post issued Avro Arrow items in March 2019 that might fit nicely with the coin in your collection.
Here is the link to the products as contained in Canada Post's Details Magazine.
https://www.canadapost-postescanada...iino3_en.pdf
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5919 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's not uncommon to have a coin and stamp both issued together as a set. There are times when Canada Post and the Royal Canadian Mint both issue items, but not together, covering the same topic.

Most definitely! Here are links to just a few posts of mine that discussed issues from the " Royal Canadian Mint" and Canada Post:

- 2005 Alberta Confederation Centennial $5 Silver Coin
- 2005 Saskatchewan Confederation Centennial $5 Silver Coin
- 1993 Stanley Cup Centennial Philatelic-Numismatic Cover

I enjoy adding the corresponding stamps and/or covers to my coin collection! I think they help fill out the overall story.

Valued Member
United States
67 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2021  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just received my 2021 special edition silver dollar set. The dollar looks flawless. I would do picture,but still have a dumb phone and 35mm camera.
Page: of 6 Previous TopicReplies: 89 / Views: 5,097Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05