Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Please Help New To All Of This

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 386Next Topic  
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  10:49 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Searcher Dreamer to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have found several coins with these same swipes and smudging to their letters, numbers, and images. Is this a mint error or environmental damage or even possibly a counterfeit this is a picture I took from an Etsy listing because I couldn't decide which one of mine to use but mine are the exact same swiping and smudging effect all over the obverse and the reverse.

*** Edited by Staff to remove YELLING. All capital letters is the internet version of yelling. Please do not do it in titles or posts. ***
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3289 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please dont use all Caps. This is a parking lot coin
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58121 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, using "all caps" is considered the equivalent of swearing.

The coin itself appears deliberately defaced.

to the CCF!
Edited by Coinfrog
04/28/2021 11:11 am
Learn More...
United States
33604 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  11:18 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Road Kill"
Show your support of the Coin Community Family (click here)
Valued Member
United States
302 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Badger Mint to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Etsy is not a reliable source for information or value of coins. It is more like a schoolyard where the sneaky kids are trying to sell you junk.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nemlas to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I saw this going on Etsy only asking $15,000.00 for a coin worth 1 cent.
Learn More...
United States
100676 Posts
Valued Member
United States
276 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the only forum you need. Stay off of etsy.
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Searcher Dreamer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you everyone. I am fimiliar with Etsy in the way of knowing to never believe a single coin listing on it; not for its price nor for its claims to be. However I ran into quite a few coins that have the same type marks on them and until I seen this listing off Etsy I was excited and feeling like I had me at least a couple rare good finds along my long road of coin searching but then I seen that picture of that coin and all excitement left lol just wanted to double check though Thank you for all of your help and for your welcomes into community
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Searcher Dreamer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So I need help with a couple of other coins but need to get the photos together for them but when I do could I just add them on this or do I have to start a new post every different one
Pillar of the Community
United States
5975 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  5:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed, a road kill coin. Not a mint error, simply severe post mint damage ( PMD).

to the CCF!

ša va bien aller

Valued Member
United States
360 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  10:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IsThisAnything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Preach!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5975 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2021  03:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

And YouTube too!

ša va bien aller

Valued Member
United States
360 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2021  12:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IsThisAnything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And YouTube too!

Amen!
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 386Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05