Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ordered 2 Boxes Of Halves Today

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 990Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
565 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  8:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add cpfull to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
first time ever for me. I will be picking them up next weekend. While I hope to get some silver, I really want to find at least one of the halves not released for circulation, they are the only ones I haven't captured in the wild for my 64 thru 2003 books. Anyone have any luck finding them this way?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
2145 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
. While I hope to get some silver, I really want to find at least one of the halves not released for circulation,

Best of luck - hope you aren't watching YouTube Vids and think that is the norm..........
Pillar of the Community
United States
4956 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  11:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I understand they're fairly common but you often get lots of one date. I've only searched one box and about a dozen rolls, but I got 6-12 each of 2009, 2010, and 2018 from both mints.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4558 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2021  12:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Best of luck....keep us posted....
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Learn More...
United States
100731 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2305 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2021  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You shouldn't have any problems finding 2018-Ds as they released tons of these out to the public. Other than the newer coins (2019-2021), it isn't too hard to pull a full set of post-2001 NIFCs from boxes. Even 1987 P & D coins occasionally show up, and many people (not me yet) have also found 1970-Ds in circulation.
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Edited by John77
04/29/2021 11:27 am
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2021  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reedbeard08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NIFCs are always fun (and realistic) finds to aim for - good luck on the hunt, let us know how it goes :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
4161 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  08:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was saving hundreds of NIFC and couple dozen impaired proof but dumped 95% of them a couple years back.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Valued Member
United States
183 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfamind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just went through 20 rolls of bank-rolled Kennedy halves over the weekend. While not a total waste, I found no NIFC halves and only three 40% silver. Everything else was dated 1971 to 1998, with no 1987s. I'll do a separate post later, perhaps.
Edited by halfamind
05/03/2021 5:41 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2305 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2021  12:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I just went through 20 rolls of bank-rolled Kennedy halves over the weekend. While not a total waste, I found no NIFC halves and only three 40% silver.

That's not a bad ratio... that works out to 7.5 40% silvers per box - the most silvers I've ever found in a box is 7.
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Pillar of the Community
United States
565 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2021  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cpfull to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well the bank called, they said they wern't going to order my boxes because they had received many halves from their brabches to send back. I agreed to take them, and was able to get them saturday. I have 4000 halves to go thru now! I no longer expect any silver, and am a bit daunted by the sheer number of coins. I have looked through some and so far I believe I have 1 struck through cloth or grease, 1 DDR and some impressive Machine Doubling. I will post some pics to verify after I get through some more halves.
Learn More...
United States
100731 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2021  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I will post some pics to verify after I get through some more halves.
Pillar of the Community
United States
565 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cpfull to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the possible struck thru

Pillar of the Community
United States
565 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cpfull to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And the DDR, the "doubling" is easier to see under my loupe, but I couldn't get a real clear closeup with my scope.

Pillar of the Community
United States
815 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add berto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is good you found something in the $4K worth. Sounds like someone has abused their coin dumping privilege at your bank. Time to find a new order bank. I am sad to see this hobby killed by the internet, particularly YouTube CRH-ing videos. Personally, I have changed my focus to the stock market the past 14 months and am vary pleased with the returns. GL to all.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1233 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you buy 90% silver halves from a bank?
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 990Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05