Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1880 MO Mh Mexico 8 Reales

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 300Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
556 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2021  03:41 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm not too good at grading these. I'm looking at purchasing this as it looks to be MS. Would it make MS60 at a minimum?
Thanks in advance.

Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18587 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2021  05:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-60 would be an absolute minimum.
I am thinking MS-62.

Cannot see much luster, but that may be due to the lighting.
If seller's pics, there is some risk because of this.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
556 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2021  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the reply. MS62 would be nice. The seller is wanting $200 and of course theres shipping from the USA to here. I really like the coin and would send it to NGC. It's just the price, I feel it's a bit much. What do you think?
Valued Member
United States
288 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2021  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MisterT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not my field of study but I can see flat spots (wear) on both of the wing tips, right talon, upper left leg and some leaves. assuming this is genuine, you really won't know until you are able to test it, I do not think it will make MS grade. Perhaps AU at best.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18587 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  01:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Financial advice , also good for buying coins -
'Hasten slowly'

If the $200 price seems a little steep, then also consider what else may be a better value for money bargain buy that is currently on offer. That could also include different types of coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4371 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Attractive example, but not so interesting as some earlier types as by this time the Mexico City mint was employing standardized dies. I don't offhand see anything that raises a red flag insofar as authenticity goes. $200 seems like a lot, but in the last few years the market's gone a bit wacky on these, so maybe that's where they are now. I concur with MisterT on its condition being likely to certify in the AU range.

Colligo ergo sum
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4800 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  10:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 300Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05