Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1876 Newfoundland 50c

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 680Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
590 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  5:28 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Curious to hear people's grade opinions about this little morsel.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58053 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not my field, but surely at least AU-55.
Learn More...
Canada
9732 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Quite the die crack on the lower part of the obverse... from the rim right up through the bottom of the portrait.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1841 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
crack from bun to rim AU55+ professionally dipped oooops sorry conserved rotated die
Edited by nickelsguy
05/03/2021 6:44 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3614 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wearwise, AU, but dings may take it down.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3388 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i am in au camp.. nice coin, hopefully it isn't PCGS ms 62..
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3388 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
easily a 1,200$ -1600$ coin..
Pillar of the Community
Canada
798 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A true honest AU-58 or so imo. So my guess is that PCGS graded it MS-63.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8414 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU55
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18524 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-55,
with residual luster.

Pleasing silver Newfie!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
639 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2021  07:31 am  Show Profile   Check TheDeductible's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheDeductible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beauty AU-58, me thinks.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
798 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2021  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sooooo... Ya gonna buy it? :D
Pillar of the Community
Canada
590 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2021  06:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Grade is AU-58 which seems accurate to me. Agreed that this may have been dipped at some point but certainly not to excess - the tone it's got a present is quite lovely if you ask me. This is a relatively rare issue (in a series of rare issues) so I figured it was worth it. And I bought it as a package deal with an 1888 10c graded EF-45...perhaps a little generously, though I don't have it in hand yet.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
798 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  06:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your Newfoundland collection has got to be outstanding by now.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1374 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  11:49 am  Show Profile   Check 47P7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree at 55 ICCS and 50 at CCCS
Pillar of the Community
Canada
590 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Numis-Northerner - it's getting there. It's been a terrific distraction during the pandemic and, since I'm not spending money doing anything else, I have a little more than I would normally. I'll have to rein it in before too long - assuming things get back to normal!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 680Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05