Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1995 P Jefferson Nickel "Stiff Collar"? With Big Rim Cud Another?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 331Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1630 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  9:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This buy was inspired by a recent post about a MAD nickel. I think it was Jim###. I didn't comment but have seen those before and really liked them. There's an incredible MAD Lincoln up for auction on eBay atm. Probably 20% offcenter obverse.
Anyway this was listed as a MAD and I believe it's a stiff collar strike with a rim cud at 11 o'clock. I could be totally wrong. What do you think?

Edited by Willburton
05/03/2021 9:41 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1695 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like a MAD to me, possibly that cud you see could be the metal flow past the die from being misaligned.. (just a guess though)
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower dollar Album coin count: 36/36
My Dansco 8166,8167 Kennedy half dollar Album coin count: 198/198
My Dansco 8140,8143-8147 Washington quarters Albums coin count: 423/423
Bedrock of the Community
United States
39370 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2021  05:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.error-ref.com/?s=stiff+collar
Going by the info above, I do not think it qualifies as a stiff collar issue but not my area.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51564 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2021  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Partial collar? But we need images of the edge to see that.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
4766 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2021  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did post one about a week ago. Really cool find you have on your hands!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1630 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking partial collar now but what do you think about the obverse rim area I have pictured?

Pillar of the Community
United States
1695 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is that the same coin?
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower dollar Album coin count: 36/36
My Dansco 8166,8167 Kennedy half dollar Album coin count: 198/198
My Dansco 8140,8143-8147 Washington quarters Albums coin count: 423/423
Pillar of the Community
United States
1630 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yea same coin. Just got it in the mail.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3386 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  01:45 am  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not very good with those edge errors but does tilted partial collar sound right?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51564 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  01:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thus my suggestion was correct. Partial collar. These are interesting. The part in the collar, will have a normal edge, the part out of the collar will be expanded. (Or missing reeds, on some denominations)

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
05/10/2021 01:58 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 331Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05