Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

One Penny Rotation Axis.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 389Next Topic  

Italy
21 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2021  12:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add josef57 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Best wishes.I would like your opinion on a 1986 one cent, which a numismatist told me that it had axis displacement of 180 degrees. considered important, or are worth nothing as errors. Thank you.Sorry translation.
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10171 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2021  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We are going to need to see pictures on this one.
Take photo on an angle holding the coin in front of a mirror so that we can see both sides at once.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
39368 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2021  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
and .
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
359 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2021  1:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IsThisAnything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome, Josef. Here's a nice example of how to take the picture. I stole* this from either Coop or TBats so Credit to them.

Edited by IsThisAnything
05/05/2021 1:49 pm
Italy
21 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2021  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add josef57 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you. Very kind I hope to succeed tomorrow. Just for information, I wanted to know if it was the exact error of the minting would it have a value?
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10171 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2021  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it is rotated 180 degrees, the value would depend on condition.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11732 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2021  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, a 180 degree rotation would have some value. How much depends on the condition of the coin. A picture of the edge may help also to rule out an altered coin.
In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51550 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2021  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Normal cent would have the obverse horizontal, reverse upside down. That would be normal. For a Canadian coin Both sides would be the same rotation. So when you say 180 degree rotation? That could mean it is normal if it is a U.S. Cent.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
5965 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2021  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to help you!

to the CCF!

ša va bien aller

Italy
21 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add josef57 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You have been very clear. I am inexperienced in the matter for this I seek your help. In fact my numismatic friend was wrong, it is a common cent. Thank you very much.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51550 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are on the path to coin knowledge. Welcome aboard.

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Italy
21 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add josef57 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, you are a fantastic group. I want to show you just for curiosity, what do you think of the 1973 and not 1986 cents (I apologize for the mistake given). Axis shifted by how many degrees can it be deferred? Definitely not 180 degrees. Thanks courtesy.
Valued Member
United States
359 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IsThisAnything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well in your friends defense, that would be a rotated die in another country, Canada for example. I made a similar mistake at one point in my learning.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 389Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05