Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Authenticated Ink Coin Cards

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 293Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
429 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2021  1:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add HumblePie to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I always like to browse through these Coin Cards online, mainly for the Coins. I purchased these two, they should arrive in the next couple days. I found the 1955 to be a good looking Coin, with a very nice looking reverse, from the photos. The 1983 D has a very pointed looking earlobe, so I had to take a chance on that one. The seller photos on the 1983 D are not great and did not show off the Coin at all. The photos are from the seller, I copied and resized the best I could.

Learn More...
United States
100676 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1120 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2021  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting indeed. First time I've seen them, much less heard about. I wonder if the color on that Wheatie reverse is accurate? Sweet color!
ANA member
PAN Member
BCCS Member

There's no problem only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Edited by Ballyhoo
05/05/2021 9:06 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1477 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is this? This is new to me? When were these made/sold? or were they made to be sold in this format in a slab recently?

Is All-Star grading company a real thing? Are these MLB authorized? So many questions! hahaha. congrats on your purchases!

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
429 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HumblePie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The true background on the "Makers" of these Coin Cards is a mystery, from what info I could find, which was slim. I'm hoping the reverse of that 1955 is as it looks in the photos, fingers crossed. I don't think they are MLB authorized, I'm actually pretty sure they are not. Some info I found says these were originally made in Canada. I will post photos of both when I get them in-hand. I would say most of the time the sellers of these are just Sports Card dealers, not Coin Dealers. So, I always like to browse through them and see if there are any interesting Coins. These generally go for $8 to $10, unless the Card is somewhat rare. I never see any premium asked because of a nice coin. A lot of these you will find the Coin has been removed.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4555 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Neat pick-ups....Good luck with the 83....
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 293Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05