Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Coin Or Medal With Flora

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 230 / Views: 6,388Next Topic
Page: of 16
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
18297 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2021  11:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1971 Denmark.
5 ěre - Frederik IX

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
9301 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2021  04:59 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On a similar vein - France 1961 5 centimes:

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6542 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2021  07:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This 2015 commemorative silver dollar from Canada presents a large red (enameled) poppy flower on its reverse. The coin was issued by the Royal Canadian Mint (R C M) as part of a multi-coin program to mark the 100th anniversary of the writing of the poem "In Flanders Fields" by Lieutenant-Colonel John McCrae, a Canadian physician who treated battlefield wounded.

"In Flanders Fields," McCrae's most well-known poem, was written during the time he served in World War I. It was written shortly after the Second Battle of Ypres in Belgium, and was written as a memorial to McCrae's friend who died in the battle, as well as for all of the brave soldiers who gave their lives.

The red poppy flowers seen growing in the fields at Ypres that served as McCrae's inspiration has become the most-often used international symbol to recall those who made the ultimate sacrific in war.

I think Tony Bianco, the designer of the coin's commemorative reverse, did an outstanding job. I find the design to be very powerful, yet accessible and meaningful to almost any viewer. It's one of my favorite designs in the Canadian commemorative silver dollar series.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
9301 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2021  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coin, commems!

Italy 20 lire showing oak leaves and an acorn:
Learn More...
United States
104754 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
18297 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2021  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1963 Netherlands Antilles
5 Cents - Juliana.

Obverse
Orange blossom within circle
Learn More...
United States
104754 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2021  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1963 Netherlands Antilles 5 Cents - Juliana.
Fantastic!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
18297 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2021  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1963 Republica de Guatemala.
50 centavos.

Reverse
A white nun orchid
Learn More...
United States
104754 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
9301 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2014-dated 100 pesos from Colombia, showing the Espeletia plant, also known as 'frailejones'. This family of plants are perennial shrubs that thrive at high altitudes in Colombia, Ecuador and Venezuela:

Learn More...
United States
104754 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
18297 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2021  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1949 R Repubblica Italiana.
L.10

Reverse
The olive branch of fruit with leaves,
Learn More...
United States
104754 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
18297 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2021  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1993 Malta.
25 cents.

Reverse
A branch of Evergreen Rose (Maltese: Ghirlanda; Scientific: Rosa sempervirens)
Valued Member
United States
366 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2021  12:46 am  Show Profile   Check daltonista's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add daltonista to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I've always thought the wreath of shamrocks around the denomination was a genius touch.

(My apologies: the toning and luster on this little gem are not well-handled by my cheapo Canon scanner.)

Ireland, 1813 10d silver Bank Token. Davis 89.

I never pay too much for my tokens...but every now and then I may buy one a little too soon.

Page: of 16 Previous TopicReplies: 230 / Views: 6,388Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05