Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ebay Sellers: Anyone Using Ebay's New Standard Envelope For Coins?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 25 / Views: 966Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
299 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  7:35 pm Show Profile   Check Singer's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Singer to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I know we've had discussions on how best to ship lower priced coins sold on eBay. This new service provided by eBay has now come out of Beta testing and appears to be available for Coins under $20 and 3 oz. Standard envelope option provides tracking and discounted postage (supposedly under $1!!).

It would seem to be the best option for selling lower priced coins without having to change $3.95 for shipping and tracking.

Does anyone selling on eBay have any experiences with this new option?

Thanks!

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3914 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it is like anything else EBay rolls out , bound
to be one giant clustered mess up !
IE .... The managed payments rollout
for coin sellers . They just cannot leave
things alone !
One mess of a company in my opinion .
Edited by Pacificoin
05/06/2021 7:40 pm
Valued Member
United States
299 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Check Singer's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Singer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Speaking of the devil, I just got this message from Ebay.

"Welcome to the new way to ship Coins & Paper Money to your buyers. eBay standard envelope can save up to 70% vs. USPSŪ First Class Package Service."

I agree, they'll screw it up somehow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9630 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received a coin today in such an envelope. Postage cost was $0.51 (for the seller) and tracking was included. It would not be advisable for many pieces because the envelope was clearly machine canceled but for low value stuff it looks like a boon to sellers.
ANA #R3154474
Edited by BH1964
05/06/2021 8:50 pm
Valued Member
United States
179 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 3193zd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I have used it and it seems to work. .51 cents with tracking!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
2145 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As long as there is tracking, Great - but where to they raise the costs to cover this program?
Learn More...
United States
33581 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  07:27 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Show your support of the Coin Community Family (click here)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9622 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now unscrupulous PO employees can steal coins easier.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Valued Member
United States
299 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  11:25 am  Show Profile   Check Singer's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Singer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks. As usual Ebay presents seemingly contradictory information. "Envelopes cannot be too rigid" then they direct you to a link selling rigid cardboard mailers that they say conform to the guideline and recommend.

Also, if the buyer's address needs to be parallel to the longest side, putting the eBay generated 4" x 6" label on it this way is ridiculous.
Learn More...
United States
100593 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Only a matter of time until eBay has its own delivery system like Amazon.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
2145 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  2:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Good point!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
142 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gainn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

This is just like when Nike switched from fairly stout and very plain boxes to stupidly thin ones covered in giant Nike logos and stupid slogans just to make it obvious which ones to steal.

Good ideas in principle are often foiled by bad people without principles.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3098 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just used it to mail a low-priced coin for the first time today. You can buy the postage via eBay, and you can then print out a horizontal label that can be taped to the front of a standard envelope. It only costs 51 cents, lower than the cost of a first class stamp. And the best part is it includes tracking, which should reduce the risk of item not received claims (although I have had very few of those over the years). I think it's a great service for sellers!
Valued Member
United States
299 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Check Singer's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Singer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You can buy the postage via eBay, and you can then print out a horizontal label that can be taped to the front of a standard envelope.

I was wondering how this would work as I currently print out 4x6 labels in portrait landscape which would make putting the label on to satisfy Ebay's requirement difficult.

If the label prints out differently, then this is a good alternative.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2996 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  12:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have shipped with the eBay standard envelope three times. It is a good option for coins under $20. I used a standard #10 41/2" x 91/2 envelope with the coins in a #10 Safe T Mailer that fits perfect into the #10 envelope. The eBay print out label is no problem as the bottom of label can be cut off to fit envelope. Using the Safe T mailer it cost me about a $1 to ship with tracking. eBay got this one right as in the past I seldom sold coins under $20 because of the shipping cost and I did not like shipping without tracking.
Pillar of the Community
United States
529 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2021  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I print my standards directly onto the envelope. I have to shrink it in Abode pdf to fit the No. 10 and would suggest getting the more square envelopes in the future to avoid that hassle.

DON'T use cardboard flips (to stiff I guess)- the only scanner that will pick up the 3d barcode "stamp" is the automated ones at processing center. Your local PO can't scan 3d barcodes or even know what they are. Even if coin arrives, if it doesn't scan that will not be tracked and count as a defect on your account.

Still the tracking works great when I use the plastic sleeve protectors. I weigh my letters and 2 pennies in sleeves is still 1 oz and thus for $0.51 tracked.
Page: of 2 Replies: 25 / Views: 966Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.63 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05