Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Got A Digital Microscope On Amazon For Looking At My Canadian Large Cents

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 1,846Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1374 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  11:24 am  Show Profile   Check 47P7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are 8 LED lights built in around the lens.
the external 2 lights are very much in the way most of the time, these also so far have not served any purpose for me----but maybe they will soon.
all controls are very small and obviously made for people with very small fingers.
it is ONLY a microscope and not suitable to take images of whole coins. some small coins are ok as long as they fit within the scope's adjusting range.
PLUS, you will also need a Photo program to correct the colors on the auto-set, no adjustment white balance or exposure. I use ACDsee for the last 15 years. it is well price and reliable and easy to use.
the resolution is somewhat adjustable. Everything is set for the scope's own light source. any external light input is not considered.
The images are very detailed and sharp, even in top magnification. And, so far I found it difficult to take images of anything shiny and reflective. a shiny red penny comes out very powerful red.
I like the PC connection where the remote is transferred to your PC-mouse.
I will try some more images before I decide to keep or not.
Oh... it does NOT replace a macro lens or camera. it simply and hopefully, just compliments it.
one more tip. I see some possible issues with the control wire harness. it is intermixed and unique and very clearly subject to issues with breakage / injuries etc.
tip is to use a credit card which extends your original warranty by another year.
will post images next few days.
Edited by 47P7
05/13/2021 11:25 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1374 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Check 47P7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry guys, the scope will go back!!!
It is just not what they say it is!
I tried and tried, to no decent results.
adjustment and focus are very limited despite the up-down adjustment
the wiring is simply -2-bit stuff and will break with some more use.
extra lights are useless.
And, if you do not have (absolutely needed) a decent photo SW, you are up the creek without a paddle. even with the SW, for me it is a NO GO.
If you have any reflective object, some of the 8 internal lights will reflect as light dots.
my 90 mm macro lens does a better job.
Sorry... but I just had to do it.. and, was looking fwd to it to see these dbl and trpl 9's
Edited by 47P7
05/14/2021 10:11 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1524 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  11:55 am  Show Profile   Check colonialjohn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add colonialjohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Better off with a B&L Stereo Microscope for $350 using a LCD indpendent light source. John Lorenzo, Numismatist.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1374 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  12:47 pm  Show Profile   Check 47P7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John,
My unit is gone back! and,
I fully agree with you.
However, I found another way that works very well.
I take an old stationery 2x reading Lupe, set the lens only from a handheld 5x Lupe on top of the lens and then us my 90mm macro lens. Works like a charm. manual focus only.
The Scope was more problems than I was willing to accept for a very low and mediocre image.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
39370 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Photos?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1374 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Check 47P7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Photos of what?
my contraption?
later. done it before and is good.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
39370 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Photos of what?
my contraption?

Yes please.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1374 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Check 47P7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
will do it next time I need to set it up.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 1,846Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05