Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Heritage Auction Shipping

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 569Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
244 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  2:30 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add collector67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I made a significant purchase on an Heritage Auction, the terms and conditions for shipping state buyer to provide written instructions for shipping. Do any of you have advice what I should put in the written instruction.
Thank you for any advice
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58050 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What sort of purchase, may I ask?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4732 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They generally only ship by UPS to Canada, you will be hit with broker fees and HST fees works great but costly that"s cost of dealing with Heritage, good luck ! Forgot they also charge for insurance
Edited by john100
05/07/2021 3:08 pm
Valued Member
Canada
244 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add collector67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I purchased a PCGS graded coin
Valued Member
Canada
73 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  6:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Levaril to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's actually Fedex to Canada as I've had two shipments already this year from them. Also you can expect it to be a minimum of $60US for freight and insurance. Pretty sure that's a bit of a cash grab, but you have no choice in the matter. The best you can do is call your account manager and ask them to hold your item and combine shipping with other items you win in the future. I've never done that but I'm pretty sure it's an option. That will at least split the exorbitant shipping cost amongst multiple items.

I'm not sure what the written instructions are for shipping, unless it is to elect which method of shipping you would like. They will ship USPS for you if you sign a waiver absolving them of any responsibility if the shipment does not make it. Otherwise you just need to pay the bill and they will Fedex your item to you. You can expect to get a Fedex bill shortly thereafter for all duties and fees on your shipment. Mine run around 10% or so of the total bill typically.

Hope that helps,
Lev
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
614 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  01:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EastVanRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've had them ship either by UPS or Fedex (their choice at the time). Both of these will charge GST/HST and PST (for those of us in provinces with that) plus a brokerage fee of around $25.

Edited by EastVanRob
05/08/2021 01:19 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1015 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  01:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is that where the 1908 sovereign went?
Valued Member
Canada
244 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  10:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add collector67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
614 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EastVanRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My recent purchase was sent via UPS. The brokerage fee was actually $10.50, with payment of taxes online.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1015 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats.
Valued Member
Canada
73 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  11:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Levaril to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guess I just got lucky always getting FedEx? Lol. Congrats on your purchase!
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 569Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05