Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Chinese Rocket Contest - Ended

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 957Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15606 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  9:53 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is going to be a little weird but I just thought this might get everyone thinking . Guess where the rocket will land .Whoever guesses the closest City and Country will win a 90% silver Quarter . If it lands anywhere else other than land all bets are off . Also if it breaks up into a bunch of small pieces the contest is void .Virtually one huge piece to qualify. My decision is final.
Must have 50 post or more , only 5 guesses between now and 10:00 AM tomorrow EST . If it lands before that time All bets are off . Contest will end sharply at 10:00 am Saturday. If I left any loose ends let me know soon .
Good luck and lets hope no one is hurt with that darn 22 ton chunk of metal

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
2280 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I saw it! It was a conitinuos line of white dots moving in a straight line across the entire sky for more than a minute at 9:28 PM in NE Ohio.
I took video with my cellphone but its very hard to see.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4956 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  11:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good idea. I'll be following this closely.

Osh, Kyrgyzstan.

That said, it seems unlikely that it'll land on land and reenter in one big piece.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1919 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Moscow, Russia on Sunday at 2:00 in the morning. Thanks for the contest.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4741 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  12:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder if hfjacinto is outside trying to get a photo of it?

I guess Indian ocean right next to that group of tuna...
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3093 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  02:17 am  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think (and hope) it will fully disintegrate as it falls, somewhere over the Indian Ocean. No land impact and only a tiny splashdown IF ANY if the rocket does impact the water at say 1717'20"/5851'31" but that's as close as I can get.

"Shine, shine a Roosevelt dime. All the way to Baltimore and runnin' out of time." Tom Waits-Clap Hands

Edited by Yokozuna
05/08/2021 02:31 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40117 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  04:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Malawi Africa.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15606 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  05:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Half of you guys don't bother to read the rules . I said if it comes down in any part of water then it's no contest and contest is over at 10:00 AM Saturday 5/8/21 . Had I thought about this days ago I would have extended the time period .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11864 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  05:59 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say Kerikeri, New Zealand.

In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9822 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  07:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Quito Ecudor
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3093 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  07:53 am  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rules? HA! I know not of these so called "RULES!"

Okay. Maybe you're right. I didn't read passed the...
Quote:
"will win $900 in Silver Quarters."
I mean, that's more than 20 kilos of silver! That got me so excited about this legally binding contest that I went straight to the "Quick Reply."

You're REALLY NICE to offer a prize like this T-BOP!

I know I read that part correctly... It's even in a
Quote:
"Quote Box"
with quotation marks INSIDE the "QUOTE BOX" too!

Pre Reply Edit:

Oh, wait! I just checked out the map and it looks like there IS a small island in that location! The rocket will hit... St. Bandon, also know as Cargados Carajos, Mauritius. So I am within the rules.

(If it does hit anywhere near the above, I'm buying lottery tickets in every state within driving distance of Lacey Township, NJ.)

"Shine, shine a Roosevelt dime. All the way to Baltimore and runnin' out of time." Tom Waits-Clap Hands

Pillar of the Community
United States
1897 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it does hit land, I think it will impact its launching pad.
Learn More...
United States
20080 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  09:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My guess is Saskatoon Canada.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Canada
5645 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say India
Pillar of the Community
United States
3246 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Omaha, Nebraska!
Valued Member
United States
391 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  09:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Santiago, Chile.
I never met a man I didn't like - Will Rogers
I never met a half dollar I didn't like - DeputyMax
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 957Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05