Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

You Vs CAC Semi - Key Barber Quarter 1914 S 1892 O

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 237Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
945 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  7:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here are 2 head scratches. I disagree with the PCGS grade on the 1892 O I see F-12 all day long. I just do not see anything in the 1914 S except an average VG+ opinions?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58066 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Completely agree - VG-08 and F-12, respectively. Total waste of grading fees. Great comparison.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15381 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Count me in on that VG-8 and F-12 too .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2439 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The first I would agree with VG10, but I don't feel it deserving of a green bean.

The second I'll agree with the rest of you, certainly looks deserving of a solid F12.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58066 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These two coins are the perfect examples of how the grading and "beaning" services have a stranglehold on this hobby. Think of the money that was spent on getting these two attractive but common coins into these holders, most of which will be lost on re-sale.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
2145 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jeez, seems like it didn't take long for CAC to fall into the money grab scheme. Unless they would have Gold stickered the second one?
Pillar of the Community
United States
945 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Absoloutly fellow Barber collectors. One of these I was bruised on at auction off the bay, the other is a David Lawrence make best offer ($50.00). Arrrgh its hit and miss on these baby's. I'm all in the series is a long list of undervalued bargains. Naturally er umm some stumbles have been made
here's the 1911 that was up on GC tonight, I need a closer gander at this thing, looks it may be a peach but I have been wrong before. What do Barber lovers think?

Pillar of the Community
United States
1213 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Think of the money that was spent on getting these two attractive but common coins into these holders, most of which will be lost on re-sale.

But isn't that the decision ("fault") of the owner of the original raw coins? People should do the math before slabbing common coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1213 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's the 1911 that was up on GC tonight, I need a closer gander at this thing, looks it may be a peach but I have been wrong before. What do Barber lovers think?

Perhaps post this coin in a separate thread.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1821 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  01:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpbone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 14 got a green bean with a strong hit in front of the mouth. SMH.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 237Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05