Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Medieval Bronze Coin To Identify. Merovingian?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 276Next Topic  
Valued Member

Netherlands
85 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  04:30 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add vstefanyuk to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

Would appreciate for help to identify.

Can't tell about size/weight yet, but looks like it is small one.

Thanks!!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
2287 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  05:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe Kota kula?
Valued Member
Netherlands
85 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  04:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vstefanyuk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Palouche Thx!

It does look similar, but does not seems good match.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1231 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kushanshah to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think Bob L is on the right track. I would call it Late Kushan or possibly post-Kushan, imitating the 'standing king/ Siva & bull' type. On the so-called "Kota Kula" coins, one of the figures has been rendered in such a way that it resembles kotakula in Brahmi script. I don't see that here but I do see broad similarity.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5859 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think Bob L...

Twas Paul, not I.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1231 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kushanshah to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry all. Twas lack of caffeine. Now remedied.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 276Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05