Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Type Of Album To Get

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 401Next Topic  

United States
25 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  3:12 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add DanFielding to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Another question for the group. As posted in another thread on this forum I have inherited my father's mostly silver and Wheat penny collection. He had some of them in those Whitman folders that only show one side of the coin and some of them are falling apart. I would like to transfer them to better binders/books.

I have been looking online and Whitman has binders that show both sides. The Dansco look really nice but ALL are out of stock. What's with that?

What type do youse like?
Learn More...
United States
100653 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use Dansco. They recently relocated from California to Washington (state) and are still getting operations back up and running.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1229 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can still find (used) Dansco Lincoln Cent albums on eBay and some other stores.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
39403 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  3:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think any brand of album will be ok, just stay away from any folders.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
475 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Until Dansco gets back to production, Whitman or Littleton are cheaper and more up-to-date

However, in terms of quality, I think Dansco is king far and away. I only use Dansco, and find the price worth it
Pillar of the Community
United States
1710 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  6:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dansco all the WAY!!........

Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower dollar Album coin count: 36/36
My Dansco 8166,8167 Kennedy half dollar Album coin count: 198/198
My Dansco 8140,8143-8147 Washington quarters Albums coin count: 423/423
Edited by Dearborn
05/11/2021 6:01 pm
Valued Member
United States
290 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jason39305 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a Dansco guy for the most part. I will also buy Whitman albums since Dansco hasn't manufactured for a while. Copper coins look nice in the blue Whitman albums. I have one Littleton album too.
Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another option would be a binder and 2 x 2s
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15389 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you want to transfer into better books then I would use Whitman Albums ,not folders .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
United States
1120 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For the cent I prefer the Dansco or the less expensive Littleton since the copper looks better against a creme colored page. All others seem to pop out in the blue Whitman. However, if ease of use is in mind, both Dansco and Whitman albums are more like a book where turning of the pages are concerned. The Littleton's are more of three-ring binder style.
ANA member
PAN Member
BCCS Member

There's no problem only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Edited by Ballyhoo
05/15/2021 3:33 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4313 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've had decent luck with Dansco albums over the years--sturdy. Whitman albums (not the folders) have an annoying tendency for the surface paper to separate from the cardboard stiffener underneath.
Pillar of the Community
United States
820 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep. I use Dansco mostly and also Whitman albums.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1710 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do have one Whitman album.. for my Innovation dollar coins. But only because Dansco is not producing right now.
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower dollar Album coin count: 36/36
My Dansco 8166,8167 Kennedy half dollar Album coin count: 198/198
My Dansco 8140,8143-8147 Washington quarters Albums coin count: 423/423
Pillar of the Community
United States
1477 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have both Dansco and Whitman albums, and I really don't see a difference between the two besides the color of the albums. they both do and function the same way.

Dansco's been moving since Mid-2019 now, and hasn't completed the move so no idea if or when they come back into producing, it wasn't their main business, which was book binding and covering.

As long as danscoalbumstore.com says "notify me" on everything, and every other seller online is sold out or lying about a 2 week to 1 month delivery time trying to buy them on the secondary market at the right price, they are gone and not coming back any time soon in my opinion.

As far as their actual website https://www.danscousa.com/
that's their story on what happened and they say they are producing (limited though) since march... I dunno.

Learn More...
United States
100653 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I do have one Whitman album.. for my Innovation dollar coins. But only because Dansco is not producing right now.
My Innovation dollars remain in their OGP, hoping for Dansco to come through eventually.
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 401Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.37 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05