Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1980 Canadian Penny Clipped

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 281Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
55 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  8:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add dant5150 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My only find with this wonderful error and I am still looking for a Cud.

Got a Canadian Quarter with a Die Chip positioned next to a whale that a dirty mind might think the whale was being dirty, lol... maybe I'll post that later.

No specific questions here, just sharing because I can.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58249 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks okay. Lack of Blakesley effect not unusual on such a small clip.
Valued Member
Canada
55 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2021  04:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dant5150 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Lack of Blakesley effect

Gack! Either you're trying to help me learn or confuse me more which ain't all that difficult to do, lol.

I Googled the term straight away.

Thank you for the information... I had a thought while posting, maybe I shouldn't call this a clip, something will be wrong about it and it won't be an error anymore.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1042 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2021  06:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add M_d_in_guy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty common on the 1980 cent. Blakesly is there and so yes a legit clip also the rim angles of cut at the clip, evidence it's legitimacy.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
854 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  11:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This it is a clip. No sign of Blakesly effect.

Quote:
The Blakesley Effect is a term used to describe inefficient metal flow, opposite a clip on a coin ( "opposite a clip on a coin" it means the effect will be more or less CW/CCW180 degrees around the rim) from the clipped area., when the rim is formed and the subsequent imperfect or incomplete rim formed at that position after striking.

Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 281Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05