Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1997 P Washington Quarter DDO And ? Any Help Appreciated

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 820Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  11:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add The Leper to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found this in my pocket change a few months back and the doubling on the front of Washington's face and eye caught my eye and on the reverse there is also something up (?) along the bottom of the eagle's right wing. I only keep odd and new-ish coins I find in pocket change and never saw anything like this. Any help/info from you kind folks here would be greatly appreciated. Also, I'm new so let me have it, no holds barred.

Edited by The Leper
05/11/2021 11:51 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
39403 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2021  04:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. It think it is a die polishing/abrading issue? Lets wait for a few more members to chime in.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2021  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Leper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@John1 Thank you for the reply/info.
Edited by The Leper
05/12/2021 10:36 am
Learn More...
United States
100639 Posts
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  1:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Leper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for welcoming.

So is this considered a double die in reference to the obverse around the front of Washington's face and eye?

Also, I have not found any info regarding the "step" at the bottom of the eagle's right wing, I have not been able to find any other examples yet.

Anyhow, thanks again for your time.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 820Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05