Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your, "Pieces Of The Sea", No Ships No Animal Life.

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 55 / Views: 2,312Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3062 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  08:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Commems

The quote was actually....

Quote:
no ships/canoes/boats and no animal life as the primary design.

I see the people as being the primary design and the ship is just in the background. Probably no worse than the OP's second picture with a fish on it.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Edited by triggersmob
05/14/2021 08:41 am
Valued Member
Canada
59 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  08:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dant5150 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
at the center is a sailor who is leaning on an anchor.

...and the other is a farmer with a sickle, correct? Nice. Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
Britannia rules the waves

...I like this coin and design but haven't collected very many. What is it that the person is sitting on? At quick glance one might think a wheelchair. Excuse my ignorance. Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
Yes! Bronze pennies

I prefer my pennies (all denominations really) with a younger and happier looking queen! If she were a normal woman, I think she'd be a ruler wacker on the palms of her youngsters when misbehaving. Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
1865 UK. 1 Farthing - Victoria 2nd portrait; 1st type.

... a Trident in her hand, correct? Lovely. Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
The 2005 US Westward Journey Nickel - Ocean in View

... I'm certain it has been discussed... the new Jefferson obverse designs... uhm... spooky! Lol, I know now why coins typically have the profile instead! Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
from Australia, featuring Norfolk Island. I see an anchor.

... What is the design in the middle? It looks like a stalk of some plant. Nice coin. Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
2010 Canada one dollar

... I have been mostly disappointed with the Loonie and Toonie but I still 2X2 them away when a cashier cracks a fresh mint roll in my presence. I do like the many designs on them however. Thanks for the reply.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3062 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  08:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
... What is the design in the middle? It looks like a stalk of some plant.

Pretty sure that is a Norfolk Island Pine tree.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arauc...heterophylla

Stave :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Learn More...
United States
101992 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting examples!

Okay, I will admit I noticed the ships right away, but I will not pick nits if dant5150 is okay with them.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6101 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Probably no worse than the OP's second picture with a fish on it.

For accuracy's sake, the Coat of Arms of Barbados depicted on the coins officially features a dolphin (a mammal), not a fish. I'll admit, however, that it doesn't much look like any dolphin I've ever seen!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
101992 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
For accuracy's sake, the Coat of Arms of Barbados depicted on the coins officially features a dolphin (a mammal), not a fish. I'll admit, however, that it doesn't much look like any dolphin I've ever seen!
Looks more like a sea monster than either one.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6101 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Looks more like a sea monster than either one.

I agree! I think even Flipper would agree!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17844 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  10:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1922 Latvia.
50 Santimu.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1376 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mexico 2016 20 pesos with a couple of anchors

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8904 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another Lighthouse - 1989 Jersey 20p:
Learn More...
United States
101992 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8904 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  04:19 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1997 UK 5 coin commemorating the Golden Wedding Anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: the anchor represents the Duke's naval career (which he had to abandon on becoming Prince Consort in 1952) and the Prince's lifelong passion for ships and sailing:

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4887 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't ask me why the mintmaster of this landlocked nation- state used an anchor for his symbol. If you look hard enough there are also a pair of fish, but not part of the primary design.

Edited by tdziemia
05/18/2021 08:27 am
Learn More...
United States
101992 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1997 UK 5 coin commemorating the Golden Wedding Anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip
Very nice!

Quote:
Don't ask me why the mintmaster of this landlocked nation- state used an anchor for his symbol
That is interesting.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17844 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2021  10:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2012 Great Britain
Silver proof Half Ounce 2012 Britannia -Standing
One Pound
(Mintage 1656)

Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 55 / Views: 2,312Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05