Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your, "Pieces Of The Sea", No Ships No Animal Life.

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 55 / Views: 1,325Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3011 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  08:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Commems

The quote was actually....

Quote:
no ships/canoes/boats and no animal life as the primary design.

I see the people as being the primary design and the ship is just in the background. Probably no worse than the OP's second picture with a fish on it.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Edited by triggersmob
05/14/2021 08:41 am
Valued Member
Canada
53 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  08:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dant5150 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
at the center is a sailor who is leaning on an anchor.

...and the other is a farmer with a sickle, correct? Nice. Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
Britannia rules the waves

...I like this coin and design but haven't collected very many. What is it that the person is sitting on? At quick glance one might think a wheelchair. Excuse my ignorance. Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
Yes! Bronze pennies

I prefer my pennies (all denominations really) with a younger and happier looking queen! If she were a normal woman, I think she'd be a ruler wacker on the palms of her youngsters when misbehaving. Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
1865 UK. 1 Farthing - Victoria 2nd portrait; 1st type.

... a Trident in her hand, correct? Lovely. Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
The 2005 US Westward Journey Nickel - Ocean in View

... I'm certain it has been discussed... the new Jefferson obverse designs... uhm... spooky! Lol, I know now why coins typically have the profile instead! Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
from Australia, featuring Norfolk Island. I see an anchor.

... What is the design in the middle? It looks like a stalk of some plant. Nice coin. Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
2010 Canada one dollar

... I have been mostly disappointed with the Loonie and Toonie but I still 2X2 them away when a cashier cracks a fresh mint roll in my presence. I do like the many designs on them however. Thanks for the reply.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3011 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  08:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
... What is the design in the middle? It looks like a stalk of some plant.

Pretty sure that is a Norfolk Island Pine tree.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arauc...heterophylla

Stave :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Learn More...
United States
100593 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting examples!

Okay, I will admit I noticed the ships right away, but I will not pick nits if dant5150 is okay with them.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5880 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Probably no worse than the OP's second picture with a fish on it.

For accuracy's sake, the Coat of Arms of Barbados depicted on the coins officially features a dolphin (a mammal), not a fish. I'll admit, however, that it doesn't much look like any dolphin I've ever seen!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
100593 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
For accuracy's sake, the Coat of Arms of Barbados depicted on the coins officially features a dolphin (a mammal), not a fish. I'll admit, however, that it doesn't much look like any dolphin I've ever seen!
Looks more like a sea monster than either one.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5880 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Looks more like a sea monster than either one.

I agree! I think even Flipper would agree!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17658 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  10:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1922 Latvia.
50 Santimu.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1362 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mexico 2016 20 pesos with a couple of anchors

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8719 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another Lighthouse - 1989 Jersey 20p:
Learn More...
United States
100593 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8719 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  04:19 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1997 UK 5 coin commemorating the Golden Wedding Anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: the anchor represents the Duke's naval career (which he had to abandon on becoming Prince Consort in 1952) and the Prince's lifelong passion for ships and sailing:

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4752 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't ask me why the mintmaster of this landlocked nation- state used an anchor for his symbol. If you look hard enough there are also a pair of fish, but not part of the primary design.

Edited by tdziemia
05/18/2021 08:27 am
Learn More...
United States
100593 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1997 UK 5 coin commemorating the Golden Wedding Anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip
Very nice!

Quote:
Don't ask me why the mintmaster of this landlocked nation- state used an anchor for his symbol
That is interesting.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17658 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2021  10:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2012 Great Britain
Silver proof Half Ounce 2012 Britannia -Standing
One Pound
(Mintage 1656)

Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 55 / Views: 1,325Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.4 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05