Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Experience With Ma-Shops?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 1,148Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1713 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2021  9:40 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have come across a couple of interesting coins from European sellers on MA-Shop, but I have never used that site before.
Does anyone have experience buying through MA-Shops and having coins shipped from Europe to the USA?
Do they guarantee authenticity? Any hassles? Or is everything A-Okay?
Learn More...
United States
21336 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  07:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@numis, yes I've bought from some of the coin stores at ma-shops and have been very happy with my purchases. While vcoins seems to be a bit more USA-centric, ma-shops is more EU-centric. To be fair, plenty of shops sell on both of these online malls.

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainmandrake1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bought from a German seller recently-really fast shipping, nice coin, good packaging. It was my first experience and worked out great.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1413 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've used them a couple of times. No problems with either order.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1023 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Check Collects82's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Collects82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with everything that Spence said.

Being EU-centric, they often have better selections on some stuff than the US-centric vcoins often has.

I've bought through ma-shops maybe 6 times and every time went well. The dealers are reputable. Negotiating much of a discount is about the only thing I've not got much accomplished with, most of dealers I have talked to set a price and hold to it.
My hoard of '82s is up to 223! 218 BC x 1, 118 BC x 3, 18 BC x 1, 82 x 1, 182 x 1, 282 x 2, 382 x 1, 582 x 2, 682 x 1, 782 x 2, 882 x 1, 982 x 4, 1082 x 1 1182 x 8, 1282 x 2, 1382 x 1, 1482 x 5, 1582 x 13, 1682 x 16, 1782 x 58, 1882 x 62, 1982 x 37
Pillar of the Community
United States
1713 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any idea how long it takes to ship from Europe to the US?
Learn More...
United States
21336 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In my experience, it is as short as a couple weeks and as long as several months (at the height of COVID last year).
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2021  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LiveWell to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MA-Shops offers many numismatic items at varying price points; all are guaranteed. You can customize your account settings to receive auto alerts for specific items of interest. Our customer service team is available to assist you with any questions. Also feel free to reach out to me anytime with questions or feedback. We've been around since 2005 and value our relationships with the coin community!

See link for warranty info: https://www.ma-shops.com/shops/gara...php?curr=USD
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2021  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainmandrake1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Any idea how long it takes to ship from Europe to the US?

Depends how much is charged for shipping. My most recent order cost me about 14 dollars in shipping and I got the item in about 10 days. Another dealer out of Vienna that I buy from also raised shipping cost to 15 dollars and the items get here very quickly even during COVID slowdown.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1713 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2021  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I contacted the vendor since I hadn't heard from them since the purchase and they told me they shipped the coin two weeks ago. I suppose it can arrive any day now.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1713 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2021  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin I bought from a Dutch seller on MA-Shops arrived within a week. Super fast shipping! Very pleased with the transaction. Definitely will use MA-Shops again in the future if I see a coin I like.
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2021  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jfrederick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've bought quite a bit on MA Shops. Shipping charges are often very high, so pay close attention. And some sellers charge a fee (usually about 2%) for paying via PayPal, though I've noticed this being done less often.

I've only had one problem, about three years ago. I received a fake coin from a German dealer with whom I'd done business before. I contacted the seller and he agreed to take it back. Upon receipt he apologized for "having not noticed" (paraphrased). He sent a replacement that was of better quality that the original purchase was advertised to be....and this one was real. So thankfully it all worked out in the end.
Pillar of the Community
United States
579 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2021  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add one_fine_dime to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I peruse their offerings periodically. I did have one rather off putting experience interacting with this shop though, which I posted about here:
http://goccf.com/t/389400

But as you indicated in that thread NusmisEd, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1713 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone has experience with a seller called MM Rare Coins?
Learn More...
United States
21336 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't, but I see that they are located in Australia. Consider asking in that subforum too as You may get more responses.
-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz
Valued Member
149 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  01:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add radars_teddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it depends on the dealer. It is a bit of a flea market and it pays to shop well to be sure of pricing and investigate the dealers reputations with a google search. I have gotten coins from them, and they were legit, but not always problem free. One coin we picked up had well hidden verdis on it. Another had issues with a false panachette surface on an ancient coin, although the coins were real. Other coins we picked up were problem free and at good prices.

For many kinds of coins though, they are the go to place to shop.
Edited by radars_teddy
11/25/2021 01:49 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 1,148Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: