Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

(Ah451-492) Ghaznavid Ibrahim Dinar Need Help Deciphering The Year.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 212Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
92 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  09:08 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ae802000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone

I was wondering if someone could help me inderstand the possible year of this.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1227 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  12:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kushanshah to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The date is written out in words in the margin in the second photo just where the bright glare is. All I can see in the photo is what appears to be the century arba' miat "four hundred". The decade and digit, if visible at all, are obscured by the glare. Can you make a better photo?
Edited by Kushanshah
05/14/2021 12:48 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1227 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  07:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kushanshah to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After working out the central legends, this is the last type of Ibrahim, featuring the title shahanshah and citing the 'Abbasid caliph al-Mustazhir, whose reign began in 487. According to listings of similar coins by Steve Album, this type is of the Ghazna mint and always dated 491. If you can get a photo without the glare, I will see if more of the date is visible.
Edited by Kushanshah
05/14/2021 07:34 am
Valued Member
United States
92 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ae802000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks alot for the information I will get a clearer photo.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 212Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05