Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1970 D Quarter For Grading

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 264Next Topic  
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  12:51 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Freedom77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Included close ups of certain marks and stuff. Don't know if it is worth sending for grading?

Thanks in Advance.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
39373 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. A coin needs a retail value of at least $150 to justify all costs involved in sending it in for grading/slabbing.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Freedom77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also just noticed this on his neck. Don't know if that is anything?

Pillar of the Community
United States
4290 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice example. The neck mark appears to be a ding caused during handling of the coin--likely at the mint. Imagine piles and piles of fresh quarters being dumped into bags.

Recent ebay sales of PCGS graded 1970 D quarters:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nk...=1&LH_Sold=1
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58066 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  1:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Too much flashback to get a good feel for the surfaces.

to the CCF!
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Freedom77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I apologize for the bad technique in picture taking. I do not know how to fix that. Should I put close ups of the different sections?

Thank you all for your feedback.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7207 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote]Included close ups of certain marks and stuff. Don't know if it is worth sending for grading?[/quote]
Just some info:
1. If this meant you were thinking the things you see as odd made it worth grading...no. The grading companies will only recognize known varieties on labels o the slabs. They do not try to ID coin anomalies/varieties/errors. They grade coins. If a person (pays extra of course) to have them put a variety attribution on a slab, then they will put it on the slab. Though people see these companies as THE coin experts, these companies are lousy make a lot of rookie mistakes in variety attribution.

2. Many people, unfortunately, just think a good looking coin is worthy of being slabbed. So the companies make a lot of money from people sending in face value coins and paying a lot to have them put into slabs. You are smart to have posted here to ask opinions. Always check eBay sold auctions for specific coins to see what grade a coin would have to be graded at to bring in the value you spend to have it slabbed.

Also realize that grading has no science behind it. So even to people who know what they are doing, grading is a gamble. Otherwise there would be a lot of coin dealers continually making a bundle off of sending in coins. Its not an easy thing that everyone can do.

A coin graded, broken out, and resubmitted (even to the same company) is never guaranteed the same grade again.

The slabbed Half dollar No FG farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Freedom77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much everyone. I appreciate the information and input.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 264Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05