Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

English Medieval Silver Coin ID

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 268Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
549 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  1:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Does anybody know what it is? Seller photos, looks interesting. Not seen one like this before.

Pillar of the Community
United States
5855 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
549 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That must be it, fantastic. Thank you, It's a Denier of France then, Limoges.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3289 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/in...w=&u=&g=&se=

Looks to good to be true. And why is the seller covering some of the coin? This is not junk silver
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
549 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  3:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Likely doesn't realise that it is a fairly rare coin, it is a group of metal detecting finds.
Learn More...
United States
23551 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting coin, I don't see any red flags. I would ask for a better picture of the whole coin though.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
549 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  04:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The entire lot sold for 365. I was bidding but it ended up too high. There was about twenty other coins but I don't think anything as nice as this one, there was a well worn Elizabethan Crown, and loNGCross pennies and halfpennies. Maybe someone got a bit of a bargain, who knows, too risky for me though. Thanks for replies.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4753 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to have missed this post while travelling the last couple of days.
Yes, it seems to be authentic. Abbey of St. Martial. Here's mine bought for the equivalent of 170 pounds three years ago. There are some variants.

Edited by tdziemia
05/16/2021 7:35 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 268Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05