Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1942-D/D WLH WRPM-005

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 238Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
716 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  11:01 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Was going through my Dads short set and wanted to see if I attributed this correctly?

Thanks!
smat
Pillar of the Community
United States
7846 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is he buying coins from Mikesmountainvalues by any chance ?
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
716 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nah...lol
He's been gone for 30yrs...But I still call them his.
Pictures are horrible because I just use my plug and play scope and my lighting is not the best...they are all still pretty much tone free with a couple of carbon spots on a few...but I am noticing some hairlines on some...guess we didn't look for them back then?
smat
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58217 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So the coin isn't actually blue?
Pillar of the Community
United States
716 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No...it isn't blue...none of my Dads short set have any toning...just bad lighting on my part.
Classic and Colonial Variety and Error Coins is my favorite section on CCF and it seemed like a slow past couple of days. So I thought I would post a couple of pic to stir some interest...
I posted pics of the obverse and reverse as per usual...but thought that the MM for the RPM was the important part...?
I guess I should have posted better pics with better lighting and included some die markers?
Zurie's 29-S for grading yesterday inspired me to post these WLH's.
Maybe I'm just weird or something...but there are so many times when someone here post something...I dive head first into what I have to see if I may have that also...?
I'll just say...you guys/gals inspire me!
Give me some time and after Mass and in between loads of laundry I'll try and post some better pics...
smat
Edited by smat45
05/16/2021 10:46 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
716 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The color is a little better considering the equipment I'm using...sorry about the crummy other pics.

Die Crack from wing to F of OF

Wide Shot of Mintmark

Magnified RPM

smat
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 238Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05