Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Kennedy Half Dollar": DDO Or Wishful Thinking?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 260Next Topic  
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  4:01 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Freedom77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone.

Is this a double die variety. I am thinking maybe because of the ear and the beard?

*** Edited by Staff to clarify topic title. Titles are important! ***
Edited by Freedom77
05/15/2021 4:42 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
39505 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Too much glare for me to tell for sure. Check here and let us know what you find out. Looks like the ear took a hit to me.
http://www.coppercoins.com/advsearch.php
http://doubleddie.com/
http://varietyvista.com/
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Freedom77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much for the links John. They were supper helpful. I checked the varieties there against what I have, the details my coin versus what is in the websites do not match. So not a DDO.

Also, the lighting on my USB microscope is very challenging. I see things that are not there. Have not figured out yet how to remedy that.

Thank you again for your help.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
39505 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What I did was block off all but the one at the 12k position and then I put a filter on that one. I also turn off all the lights on the scope and use a hand held LED flashlight with a filter over the lights.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Freedom77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you John. I will try to find a light to shine on it separate, but I have not succeeded yet at finding one that helps. I will keep trying. I appreciate your help.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 260Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05