Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone Ever Heard About These Guys?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 911Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1374 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  9:43 pm Show Profile   Check 47P7's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8415 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  11:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From the eBay listing
Quote:
When we refer to a MAC SOLO sticker-ed coin, we are referring to the finest graded coin of that date, mint mark(s) or type as being the first coin to be graded SOLO or SOLO finest graded Pop-1 none finer. This Solo Finest designation coin will maintain its value better than if a second coin is now grade as Finest graded Pop-2. The SOLO Finest coin will always maintain its SOLO Finest value better THAN IF the MAC SOLO sticker is affixed to the coin.
Now that's a mouthful.
Does it make sense to anyone other than the seller?
Caveat Emptor!
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Edited by DBM
05/16/2021 04:07 am
Valued Member
United States
336 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  11:55 pm  Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are the folks that own (or started) ACG, i.e. Alan Hagar. He / they started adding all kinds of stickers after the CAC craze started for US coins.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11732 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  03:43 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've looked at some of their listings before and decided it was too gimmicky to give much credence to.
In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
590 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  07:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't get it - did the NGC put that sticker there or did someone else? Are we now at the point where secondary grading companies grade the grading of graders? Will there be tertiary graders of secondary stickers at some point? If so, I think we might have an infinite redux situation on our hands.....
Pillar of the Community
United States
4290 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  07:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps the Coin Community Forum (Family) could pull together a small team of experts to evaluate each and every forum post for quality--with the idea of placing a 'digital sticker' on each post indicating the quality level (gold, silver, bronze, pot metal). Assessments would be made 24/7--within 5 minutes of the post appearing. Yeah, this would be a lot of work, but it'd be great fun...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3614 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If they are or were affiliated with Alan Hager, that's enough to scare most folks away. His AGC crap was for the birds and you automatically had to subtract at least 10 points from the grade assigned.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
590 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ijn1944 You need to patent that idea and sell it to Mark Zukerberg.... solid gold.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
819 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tomorrow morning I will call NGC to see about. Seem very strange to put this sticker? It is the high grade by NGC or all over? What about ICCS. ICS. PCGS and etc.?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3919 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In my opinion, these stickers are cheap gimmicks. Like ACG holders, they don't add value, but rather subtract value as far as I'm concerned.
Valued Member
United States
336 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  11:16 pm  Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Tomorrow morning I will call NGC to see about. Seem very strange to put this sticker? It is the high grade by NGC or all over? What about ICCS. ICS. PCGS and etc.?

Don't bother. NGC did not add the sticker, the seller added his own made up sticker.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2349 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  09:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good luck trying to sell that overpriced, highest-US-graded, modern Canadian coins.

Anyone who even thinks of buying those coins needs to seriously give up the hobby and take up Canasta.
Learn More...
Canada
9732 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That seller is Alan Hagar - he used to have a larger presence in eBay, with an eBay store in Florida under many names, selling from Florida. He always has Canadian coins in his inventory. I remember when he used to set up Canadian coin shows regularly, and used to have a fairly large ICCS inventory.

There is a longer back story here, with Alan's participation in Canadian Coin shows, but, this is not the place to share it.

"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
819 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  12:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like I say I talk with NGC about this. They will take action, because is it a broken pattern copyrights.
Edited by silviosi
05/18/2021 12:47 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
590 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  05:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@SPP-Ottawa - would the multiple eBay persona? I find that suspicious.
Learn More...
Canada
9732 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not necessarily. Back in the day, several vest pocket dealers would do the same, possibly to avoid claiming income with Revenue Canada. I changed my own persona as well, when I moved from Edmonton to Ottawa.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 911Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05