Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Does This 1984-D Dime Show Any Doubling?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 231Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  02:49 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Westside to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58112 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please show us a close-up of the area(s) where you see doubling.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10195 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All I see is Machine Doubling.
As stated, point out the area where you see doubling
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51586 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The chances of finding a DDR on a dime that year, are very slim
http://varietyvista.com/07%20Roosev...Listings.htm
After the early 1970's, the new year was 1989, down to the single squeeze devices the new DDR were starting to be seen. But I agree, I see nothing interesting about this dime. But I do see av issue with your lighting. You have two light sources. The one on the left is not as strong as the right. Why am I bringing this up? Because a single light source is better for micro images for doubled dies. Why is on source better? Because a single light source shows light and shadows. If doubling is present, it allows it to be seen. With too much light, glare takes over. Hiding if there were hub doubling. The light source in the left would be a better light for you images. Remove the right light as it is too strong. Sometimes when you have two light sources, it creates a false shadow. So for future reference, change the lighting to a single light source. Also the light angle is too low. When the angle is too low, the light reflects off the sides of the devices. It could shine on the tops of the devices, not the edges of the devices. It will help a lot more. That way when you do find doubled dies, then you will see them better. But on this year, there were no DDRs happening. Open this source and click on the known attributed dies, and look to see the known dies that are listed. Then you will have more happiness in searching. Knowing what to look for is better than being in the dark about what to look for. Because if what you are searching for is not there, you can move onto the next coin, to see if it is the one. Searching too hard only helps you to find Machine Doubling. We all know what a waste of time that is, as it is so common and worthless. But when you know what to look for, if it is not there, then move on to the next coin. Try these suggestions and another time we will discuss a second issue with lightning, diffuse of lightning. But another time.

CoopHome: How can I improve my images. What works, what doesn't. How can knowing where to look for varietes help me?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
05/16/2021 12:31 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4310 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  10:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When all you got is one thin dime
And one thin dime won't even shine your shoes (on Broadway)
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Westside to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you guys
Learn More...
United States
100650 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 231Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05