Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1794 Large Cent S-59

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 567Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
152 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  6:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Matthew23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Wanted to show this large cent off I bought a while back. has nice details for a 1794.

Edited by Matthew23
05/16/2021 6:36 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58113 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Handsome coin for sure.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4971 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice! ED doesn't hurt it much at all. Wonderful eye appeal.

-CH27
Collector of U.S. varieties and errors
Pillar of the Community
United States
5511 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very decent type coin. Lots of detail and the ED isn't too bad. The reverse rim hit might have been enough for a details grade even if NGC gave it a pass for the ED.
Liberty Cap collectors often have to make compromises to acquire an acceptable example!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3926 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
152 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Matthew23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do y'all know what kind of value it might have I was thinking $650 but not 100 percent sure. Thanks
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
2145 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice - "Environmental Damage?" NGC being kinda picky on a 227 year old coin!
Learn More...
United States
19525 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is in nice shape--congratulations on the addition to your collection!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
5511 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had a comparable coin years ago. I bought it raw and had it slabbed; it came back VF detail like yours. I later sold it for around $650. You should be able to get at least that for yours.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2041 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not all details coins are equal. This one has really nice eye appeal. That one's a tough critter in any grade. It has a market, for sure.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2638 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  12:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jerryc39 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice looking coin
Bedrock of the Community
United States
39403 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  04:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most times you would be hard pressed not to find a details colonial coin.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
409 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, as "ED" goes this is certainly not bad at all. Nice coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8032 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The scratch going through the coin is less distracting than the large rim bump on reverse at 3:00 to me, I don't see a lot of porosity that is usually associated with coins of this era. I like it. A good example of why details coins can be prime candidates for your collection.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58113 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree. If the bump were on the obverse, it would be a deal-breaker for me.
Pillar of the Community
Germany
1561 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  02:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GERMANICVS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had to light-up the pictures considerably to see what is going on. From what I can see it is a nice example and the light damage fully within the range of what I consider acceptable for early cents.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 567Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05